The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to unlock the power of equity ownership for more people in more places.
Carta is trusted by more than 30,000 companies and over half a million employees in nearly 150 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports over 5,000 funds representing over $100B in assets under administration with their venture capital solutions. Carta’s liquidity solutions have returned $13B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today Carta’s platform manages over two trillion dollars in equity for nearly two million people globally. Companies and funds like Canva, Tribe, and Pipe build their businesses on Carta.
The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. For more information, visit carta.com.
The Team You’ll Work With
Vauban by Carta is simplifying access to VC by providing angel investors, startup founders, and emerging fund managers the tools and infrastructure needed through our online admin platform.
Whether you are creating a deal by deal syndicate, pooling angel investors into a SPV, or launching your first VC fund – our platform helps you set up and raise from investors in just a few clicks.
You focus on finding great startups to invest in, we sort out the rest. We have been trusted by angel investors and large venture capital firms alike to create over 500 funds & SPVs to date, onboarded over 6,000 investors and transacted over $1bn in capital.
We are not stopping there – we have recently joined forces with Carta as an all-in-one integrated solution to form syndicates, VC funds, & co-investment SPV programs built for scale and operating in the UK, EU, & US. Combined Carta x Vauban complements each other providing a full VC stack for the next generation of VC investors. under one platform – from leading your first $100K syndicate to managing a $1bn fund.
The Problems You’ll Solve
We are seeking a flexible and strategic HR Business Partner professional to join our team for a 12 month period and act as a consultant to the Vauban from Carta leadership team, develop and execute HR strategies, and build programs that drive organizational and people effectiveness. The HRBP role at Vauban from Carta builds strong partnerships with the business whilst consistently seeking opportunities to problem solve (we live in the grey area), and provide strategic and operational support to the leaders and functions you support.
The Vauban from Carta function comprises multiple areas that include R&D, Go-to-Market, Delivery. Our team comprises Cartans predominantly in the United Kingdom, but also in the United States. You will work with leaders across both of these geographies, both learning about local working norms and being an advocate for UK policy and procedure as well as pulling a thread of Carta culture and People initiatives throughout.
- Provide personalised counsel to the business and help set the department’s People priorities (not just HR best practices for HR sake)
- Partner with the business to roll out key initiatives (performance management, compensation, benefits, development programs, etc.) – all with a UK/EU focused mindset
- Provide guidance and input on workforce planning, succession planning, leveling, benchmarking, etc.
- Successfully influence others by providing direction, knowledge, and support to create a high-performing organisation (creative problem solving, not just ‘by the book’)
- Build strong relationships with employees, management, and leadership team through coaching and mentoring
You’ll be a trusted advisor and confidante to global business leaders in the business. You’ll understand both Vauban and Carta inside and out in order to best support current employees, future employees and leadership going forward.
- You have a passion for understanding the business goals, finding creative solutions, and improving team processes
- You have experience working in a fast-paced technology company
- 5+ years of HRBP experience
- You have successfully coached and influenced leadership in a previous role
- You have a high degree of empathy and are a great communication (both written and verbally)
- You have great organizational skills, pay close attention to detail, and have an ability to complete competing priorities efficiently
- You have the ability to interface effectively with professionals at all levels of the organization
- And, you must maintain confidentiality and use outstanding judgment on a daily basis
What We Offer
- Be a part of a growing technology start-up and shape the future of alternative investments
- Competitive Salary
- Mafia Employee Syndicate – get access to and invest in the very best private deals in the world from small investment amounts. No other company can offer you this
- Weekly team breakfasts
- Free IPA & great coffee
- Free Books
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Office in Shoreditch
- Team gaming nights/dinners and the best parties
- Opportunity to enrich our Spotify playlist
Vauban was founded by Remy Astie and Ulric Musset with a passion to revolutionise the way that fund structuring and administration worked – by making it as simple and pain-free as how shipping containers changed the way international shipping worked. Wealth Containers was the logical next step in that evolution. Since building their very first Wealth Container, they have changed the way that over 5,000 investors have accessed alternative investments.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at email@example.com. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.