The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
Learn more about our Series G fundraising round here.
The Team You’ll Work With
Singapore has been the springboard for companies to expand their businesses internationally and Carta has launched its Singapore office in 2021, riding the wave of increasing international investor interest in the region. We are building a world-class team to support the startup ecosystem and servicing fund managers across Asia Pacific.
The funds industry has been growing rapidly and we would like to add highly motivated, innovative individuals who are willing to “roll up their sleeves” to join the fund administration team. We thrive by putting our customers first, being willing to learn and grow, solving problems as one team, and working with urgency to deliver the best experience to our clients.
Learn more about how we think about fund administration here: https://carta.com/blog/building-fund-admin/
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Be the middle/back office team extension for our clients by understanding and prioritizing their needs. Some of the strategic support that we provide includes:
- Pre/post fund close services
- Capital calls/Distributions
- Audit/tax support
- Quarterly and annual financials
- Limited Partner communications
- Create transparency and help our clients make more accurate decisions by helping them utilize our tools and resources.
- Streamline and generate operating efficiencies for our clients.
- Improve our product and software through working with our product and engineering teams to continue to develop our Investor Services product suite
- Turn a service industry into a software business through consulting with clients and implementing our Fund Administration software
The Impact You’ll Have
Our goal is to position Carta as the leading Fund Services group in Asia. As a Fund Accountant at Carta, you will be part of a highly dynamic team to support our goal and the future of the Fund Services business. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally with our product, engineering, go-to-market and operation teams, all while growing your foundational knowledge of accounting in an engaging, fast-paced environment.
We are looking for someone that is interested in building their career at the intersection of technology and Fund Administration. Additionally, you are open to constant change and learning as we continue to innovate.
- You have experience interpreting and understanding Limited Partnership Agreements, Private Placement Memorandum.
- You have strong critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making skills.
- You are interested in providing best-in-class-service.
- You take pride in your ability to communicate effectively and are able to multitask to meet multiple deadlines.
- You have an understanding of Venture Capital, Private Equity, Hedge Funds, Fund Administration.
- You have advanced Microsoft Office skills, Investran experience will be an advantage.
- You are interested in working on projects in a fast paced environment with a supportive team and as an individual.
- Having CPA/CA qualifications will be an advantage
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at email@example.com. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.