The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
Learn more about our Series G fundraising round here.
The Team You’ll Work With
Our mission is to enable data-driven decisions and products across Carta by collecting accurate data, building scalable infrastructure and delivering advanced analytics. We believe in building a strong data foundation to ensure data quality and to promote self-service across the company. The team is split between Data Science/ Machine Learning, Data Analytics, Data Engineering and People Analytics.
The People Analytics team partners closely with each team within the People organization to inform, measure and scale initiatives that support 1500+ Cartans globally. This role will support a broad spectrum of teams (Recruiting, People Ops, Total Rewards, Finance) and functions (growth models, employee engagement, predictive models for employee sentiment).
The Problems You’ll Solve
This role will be responsible for building and scaling our people reporting and analytics capabilities across the business, providing insight into everything we do as a People team. This work involves answering big, and small, questions on how we find the best talent; fostering an environment of growth, innovation, and inclusivity; understanding employee engagement, and morale; and ensuring that we’re investing in and retaining the future leaders of Carta. In this role, you will partner with stakeholders across the People team to identify opportunities for impact, run analyses, solve problems, and influence action. We’re looking for a critical thinker who is naturally curious and motivated to improve how we unlock and deliver insights in real-time.
A little more detail on what we need help with:
- Design and build visualization dashboards to accelerate information-to-action at scale in Looker
- Partner closely with the People team to build solutions that incorporate data-driven insights into decision-making.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data analysis, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and distill a complex issue into actionable insights
- Deliver data solutions that tell a story and provide insights to the users, enabling them to make better decisions and drive impact.
- Make strategic recommendations on the systems, methods, and practices that will enable more meaningful and scalable outcomes.
You are an experienced data analyst, and demonstrate fluency in the latest methods, tools, systems, and approaches. You are a problem solver at heart and master of your craft; you are one part builder, one part detective. Some of the experience you bring to the team:
- 5+ years using SQL to query, extract and transform data
- Proven experience building solutions in either Looker, or similar BI tool
- Experience working with cloud-based data services in AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Comfortable with statistical programs and data modeling in R, Python, or SPSS
- Team player with strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Success (and lessons learned) with turning data into digestible, meaningful insights, and using data to influence stakeholders and drive action.
- Experience working with recruiting and people data, Applicant Tracking Systems, and common metrics.
- Experience building ETLs and scalable data models
Nice to have, but not required:
- Workday, Workday Advanced Reporting, and Greenhouse experience a big plus.
- Understanding and experience with machine learning and advanced statistical modeling techniques and packages in R or Python
Covid Vaccine Policy
In an effort to safeguard the health of our employees, Carta has implemented a policy requiring all new hires to receive the COVID vaccine (including boosters as the individuals become eligible for them). Proof of vaccination will be required as a condition of employment. Carta will continue to comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or strongly held religious beliefs. This policy is part of Carta’s ongoing efforts to ensure the safety and well-being of our staff and community, and to support public health efforts.