Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 100+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About Team Spend
Team Spend is Canva’s Source to Pay team established to upgrade Canva’s spending experience for both internal and external collaborators. Source-to-Pay is the end-to-end process, systems, policies, and people that support business needs with a third party from identification of that need to posting into our financial systems. The team’s functions include Strategic Sourcing, Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Expense Management, Card Programs, Travel, and Systems & Process. Our Mission is to empower Canvanauts to focus on their impact by providing the most Efficient and Streamlined Spend Experience.
What you’ll do (Responsibilities)
Processing of global transactional activities, including but not limited to expense reimbursements & corporate credit card reconciliation, and establishing related quality control processes and improvements
Supporting month-end transactional activities and other cadences, dealing with related queries
Partner with the broader finance team and business units to work towards their goals, including the setting of relevant metrics / SLAs of the Shared Services function and ensuring they are met consistently
Assistance with year-end audit activities where vital
What we’re looking for
Bachelor’s/College Degree in Finance/Accountancy/Banking or equivalent.
Basic accounting knowledge
Good communication skills in English
Collaboration spirit, responsible and practical ability
Good PC skills, familiar with Google Workspace, especially google sheets.
Good organizational and time management skills, result-driven and detail-oriented.
Experience in travel and expense processing and reimbursement is desirable
What the candidate will learn and how will they develop at Canva
Improve craft on Travel and Expense Accounting which will provide an opportunity to move up to expense or Team Spend roles.
Exposure to Agile Framework and Scrum Methodology as a Team Spend project management approach.
Exposure to Netsuite Oracle accounting software, Atlassian softwares (Jira & Confluence), and other task management softwares.
Improve presentation skills and use Canva as a product.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• A temporary work from home setup as we prepare to provide a safe environment for Canvanauts who would like to work in the office. Our Future of Work plan is to move towards a hybrid work model (in-office & from home) You and your team can determine your ideal work setup. Whichever works best for you, #KayaSaCanva.
• Unique and flexible leaves options: :Recharge and go on your next getaway or simply take time off for yourself through our Vacation Leave, Give back through our Volunteer Leave to help out a charity or NGO of choiceSupport yourself or take care of your loved ones (even your furbabies) through our Sick or Carer’s Leave
• Focus on your own growth and development through our Professional Educational Leave
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowances for you to spend on anything that supports your wellbeing. Whether it’s a workshop, an electronic stand-up desk, a gym membership, or dinner with a teammate, we encourage you to do what you need to do in order to thrive.
• Virtual and in-office wellness and development benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistance Programs, Fitness Classes and more to support your physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
• Canva For Good program that matches your not-for-profit donations and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
• A variety of Canva clubs that you can join to connect you to fellow Canvanauts with similar interests. From cycling, skincare, pets, to foodies (and the list goes on), we got you covered! Club activities can also be done remotely or in person.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.