Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 100+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the role
Are you looking for an opportunity to tackle global accounting obstacles here at Canva? Whilst directly supporting the ongoing growth of our business?
As a senior level Accountant within the Payroll Accounting team, your core goal will be to support Canva on its mission to become one of the most valuable companies in the world. With the number of our global team continuing to increase and flourish, the scope of your reach and impact is literally limitless!
As the main point of contact between payroll operations and the wider accounting function, the successful individual will continue to mature the financial processes at Canva by business partnering & implementing improvements & efficiencies of processes gained from being able to convert payroll complexities to accounting requirements.
This role is a super unique opportunity broadening the horizon’s of a standard accounting function by really partnering with the business, diving into complex concepts & bringing clarity to large volumes of data.
What you’ll do
Own the completeness and accuracy of the accounting for our people & benefit transactions for Canva’s global entities in line with reporting requirements and timelines.
Maintain and update calculations for any new accounting considerations arising from Canva’s wide range of employee benefits
Own balance sheet reconciliations and P&L analysis for our people related accounts including month-on-month fluctuation analysis stakeholders at period-end
Recommend and implement process improvements that can scale with the growth of the business
Act as key business partner between Payroll operations, GL accounting and Forecasting functions, providing insights and ad hoc reporting to support business initiatives
We’d love it if you had
Exposure within a professional services accounting environment, as well as general ledger accounting experience within an in-house environment
CA / CPA Qualified
Comfortable working with large volumes of data, with an eagerness to learn the exciting complexities (and opportunities!) within the payroll space
Adept at stakeholder management, with a high level of maturity in dealing with confidential information
Experience with ERP systems such as Netsuite, SAP, Oracle
Intermediate to advanced Excel/ Google Sheet skills
Have a keen eye for details and the ability to identify and correct errors in processing
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.