Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 75 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 2,800 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About Teams & Education (T&E)
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design, and we have launched multiple SaaS products tailored to the needs of some of our biggest audiences; Canva Pro, Canva for Enterprise, Canva for NFPs, and Canva for Education.
The T&E Super-Group is responsible for the success of these products, which have millions of customers in almost every country around the world and are responsible for driving much of Canva’s revenue. T&E is responsible for the end to end of these products; everything from crafting & building amazing product experiences, our GTM strategies to launch them, commercial partnerships, global distribution strategies, and so much more.
While we have achieved a lot, we aim to 10x the growth of each of these products globally over the next few years. The Super-Group is made up of 4 Groups, 15 teams and almost 200 diverse individuals who work together to delight our users with our tailored products and help Canva to achieve its user and growth goals.
What you’ll do (Responsibilities)
Building tools and frameworks that help us rapidly and reliably conduct experiments across different parts of the Canva app
Design, develop and deploy solutions and hands-on software development – working closely with leads, designers, and product managers to deliver features and experiments to our customers worldwide
Work collaboratively and consult with leads, product managers, and engineers across teams at Canva to unblock back-end works that help your group deliver features and experiments to our customers worldwide
Communicate effectively with Product Managers and Engineers across Canva when developing a solution; seeks and incorporates diverse perspectives to address complex issues
Facilitate knowledge sharing and effectively advocate for engineering needs to non-technical stakeholders within the group
Models initiative and ownership in achieving goals, improving processes and solutions
Identifies opportunities for cross-team collaboration to work on new ideas and improvements that help achieve our goals
Required Experience & Skills
Commercial experience developing complex web applications
Most of our code is in Java, so ideally you will be comfortable using Java.
Firmly grounded computer science and engineering fundamentals including concurrency, multithreading, data structures, solution design, architecture, and design patterns
Working collaboratively with team members and communicating effectively
Good writing and verbal communication skills
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), so while our offices are always open to you, we aim to come together for 8 days a year at minimum – balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.