Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 100+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the Creators Group
The Creators group is a relatively new group at Canva. Despite this, we are one of the highest revenue-generating groups. We have the vision to build the world’s best marketplace in Canva. As part of that vision, we will enable anyone to design and sell their designs on Canva. This is exciting for 4 reasons:
1. It takes Canva from producing all content in-house, to also being a platform that enables Creators and consumers to connect. This increases advocacy, creates greater stickiness and (as we’ve seen with Amazon’s book-selling-strategy) can multiply users on the platform.
2. It gives our users greater diversity in the content that they have to choose from.
3. It creates a new revenue stream for customers.
4. It could result in another source of referrals to Canva (and so more users and revenue).
This particular role will be responsible for building and scaling the earnings experience and monetisation options for Creators. To thrive in this role you will have experience in consumer financials, revenue stream opportunity mapping, working closely with finance and taxation teams and experience in experimentation. Bonus points for experience in creator monetisation!
What You’ll Do
Represent the needs of our Creators, our Support teams and our Community when working with engineering, and design members to develop products.
Research other content platforms (such as Spotify, YouTube, TikTok, Pinterest, Pexels, Pixabay and Instagram) to learn how the world-leaders enable a clear understanding of earnings and pathways to monetisation. Take those learnings and implement them in the earnings and monetisation experience.
Working with Strategy and Finance to do financial modelling for monetisation opportunities, as well as define where/how these opportunities will be funded.
Define and build a clearer earnings and payments experience for Creators.
Develop the strategic vision for Creator monetisation opportunities.
Build amazing monetisation opportunities for Creators so that Creators becomes the most exciting creator community on the internet.
We’re after a go-getter who loves building things, watching them grow, learning from the analytics and then building more!
You have proven experience in Product Management and get excited when someone tells you to 10x your goal.
You’re experienced and well-versed in financial data & strategy, able to understand deeply and evaluate the pros/cons of changes to earnings structures & calculations.
You have excellent commercial judgment balanced with user empathy. You understand how to navigate the tension between factors such as return on investment, creator earnings, ability to meet business requirements and ability to deliver a phenomenal earnings experience for creators.
The mission of taking features and teams from chaos to clarity makes you come alive.
You’re a great collaborator and can work effectively with operational teams and other internal partners to create a shared vision and get them excited about where the product is going.
You know how to work closely with designers to map out journeys, struggles and opportunities to thrill your customers and partners, alike.
You have worked on user-facing financial initiatives before and can show tangible improvements in user engagement from these initiatives.
You have knowledge of technical systems and can engage with engineers to work through tricky details during refinements.
You feel comfortable with disagreeing and committing.
Bonus points if you have experience in creator monetisation.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.