Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 100+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the team
We are looking for a new Lead for the Finance Systems team, supporting the evaluation, implementation, administration, and ongoing innovation of the technology stack across our Finance function. With “Tech First” as a core value, we are inspired to use technology to empower the Finance team to do their best work.
We strive to ensure our systems and processes are set up to scale, balance risk, and security to enable a robust control environment, while allowing the business to grow and move fast to achieve its goals.
What you’ll do
You will drive the Finance Systems roadmap, developing a comprehensive strategy, seeking out process improvement opportunities and new capabilities within existing as well as new tools
You will set the framework and ways of engaging with stakeholders with the use of Agile and Scrum methodologies
You will consult with technical resources to design a systems roadmap, understand the dependencies, and ensure alignment with the overall Canva technical architecture. Be a true partner to Design and Engineering in this regard, bridge the gap!
Coach a high performing team, continuing to enhance their impact across the portfolio
We’d love it if you had
Accounting Qualification (CA, CPA, ACCA) or to Degree level
In-house experience from a complex, scaling or sizeable technology business
An understanding of key Finance functions, Planning & Reporting, Accounts Payable / Receivable and Finance Operations
A familiarity with Scrum practices as well as being an expert facilitator
Growth orientated attitude, someone who enjoys getting value out of the small tasks but also able to think blue sky and strategically
Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple assignments/projects with fluid deadlines to deliver commitments on time
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.