Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 75 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 2,800 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the Team
Canva is continuing to support its growth through the addition of a business-minded attorney in our Austin, TX office to join our diverse global legal team. The successful individual will have a proven understanding of technology contracts and experience in managing and negotiating a high volume of commercial transactions.
You will help Canva continue its growth and success, with a focus on Procurement contracts while also supporting contracting for Canva for Enterprise, Canva for Education, and strategic partnerships. The fast paced environment will draw on your ability to deal with ambiguity and creativity. You will need to apply your expertise, good judgment, and strong business sense to assess and mitigate legal risk while finalizing contracts in a swift manner.
Our Austin office is famed for its collaborative nature, a fantastic work culture and numerous social groups, usually involving food!
What you’ll do
Review, draft, and negotiate commercial agreements with vendors, customers and partners
Respond promptly to legal requests from the Procurement team and other members of the business
Keep current on relevant industry standards, laws, and regulations, including data privacy laws
Drive process improvement initiatives and maintain contract management processes and written guidance for the Procurement team
Provide ad hoc legal guidance to the business
We’d love it if you had
Admission to one bar, with in-house experience at a SaaS company or similar industry
Partnered with a Procurement team, building out best in market processes and policies
You are excited to roll up your sleeves, learn the business and proactively identify and analyze opportunities and risks
You are risk aware, not risk averse
Experience using contracting tools, Ironclad and Docusign (would be great!)
Exposure to Spend Management tools such as Zip
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Competitive health benefits plans to support you and your wellbeing
• Equity packages to truly be a part of the Canva journey
• 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution to support you
• Hybrid work model (in-office & from home) coming together for 8 days a year
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.