Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading, comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands like Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns, and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies. And we do it at scale – last fiscal year our customers used Braze to send approximately 1.5 trillion messages to billions of monthly active users.
But we’re so much more than our platform. Although we’ve recently grown to a team of over 1,300 people, Braze still buzzes with energy, collaboration, and transparency. We value curiosity, individuality, and tenacity—as part of the team, you’ll be encouraged to take your seat at the table and create your own destiny. Our values are inspired by our employees, which means Braze is a place where you can truly be yourself. We're growing, with a focus on building for the long term under tenured leadership and continuing to evolve for the better.
Need more proof? Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S. and the UK. In 2022, Braze ranked #1 on Fortune’s Best Small and Medium Workplace in New York, #5 on Fortune’s Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US, and #11 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplace for Women in the UK.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Tokyo, and Toronto.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a Workplace Experience professional to ensure the successful daily operations of our Berlin office. This individual will help build the foundation of our Berlin team, as well as collaborate with local Braze team members in supporting the development of our global workplace operations initiatives. The Workplace Experience function is in a state of growth and development and we are looking for builders–people who aren’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and can create structure in ambiguity. This role sits on the People Team and will report to the Workplace Experience Regional Manager over EMEA.
Braze is a fast-paced and rapidly growing company that is looking for a self-starter who is able to exercise good judgment, take fast and proactive initiative, and think objectively to continuously improve our employee experience. You will jump in on our reopening strategy as we gear up to return to our offices. You will have a consistent pulse on the needs of our employees in Berlin and be comfortable changing course as global conditions and working environments evolve.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Act as workplace site operations coordinator and run various site operations and workplace programs to ensure a seamless day-to-day experience (e.g. food, snacks, mail & packages, etc.)
- Support the new office opening projects, acting as the on-the-ground point of contact
- Oversee front desk operations, partnering with others for full coverage
- Monitor and respond to workplace service tickets, maintaining a customer service mindset to ensure world-class standards and service levels for Berlin employees
- Assist with desk management, partnering across the Workplace Experience team to understand and support hybrid working
- Collaborate with others to contribute efforts in initiatives, processes, tools, policies and playbooks related to workplace operations and programs, including operations related to our new hybrid work strategy
- Build relationships with key business partners(e.g., IT, Employee Experience, etc.) and work with your manager to build trust across partnerships.
- Proactively build relationships with local teams , working with manager to use data to understand the habits/needs of Berlin employees
- Support in vendor management, schedule repairs as necessary and help in ensuring we have the best in class suppliers with a lens towards diversity and inclusion
- Serve as the secondary point of contact for Austin building management
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all onsite vendors and contractors while understand scope of work and ensure timelines are met
- Support in ordering supplies and tracking related budget items for the Berlin office
- Work with the Employee Experience to coordinate internal events including office parties, company all hands, and industry meetups
- Offer remote support to other small satellite sites (eg – Paris)
WHO YOU ARE
- 1-2 years of experience in Workplace role; experience in operations or construction a plus
- Experience in administration and vendor management
- Experience working with building management
- Demonstrated success in a fast-paced, rapidly growing organization with an ability to manage competing priorities
- Experience with office moves and furniture coordination
- Data-driven with a mindset of continual improvement
- Demonstrated success in building strong relationships cross-functionally
- A strong communicator, keeping teams and stakeholders informed and up to date
- Passion for best-in-class workplace experience and customer service
- Proactive and self-motivated with the ability to set own priorities with minimal supervision; experience having remote manager a plus
- A creative problem-solver, bringing innovative ideas and solutions to the table
- A sharp eye for detail and a sense of office pride
- An awesome can-do attitude – no task is too big or too small
- Ability to physically stand, bend, squat, and lift up to 25 to 30 pounds
- Familiar with Mac computer and GSuite
WHAT WE OFFER
From comprehensive benefits to remote availability to flexible time off, we’ve got you covered so you can prioritize work-life harmony.
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Global presence, dog-friendly offices, and remote availability
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”) which comes into effect January 1, 2023, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.