Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading, comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands like Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns, and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies. And we do it at scale – last fiscal year our customers used Braze to send approximately 1.5 trillion messages to billions of monthly active users.
But we’re so much more than our platform. Although we’ve recently grown to a team of over 1,300 people, Braze still buzzes with energy, collaboration, and transparency. We value curiosity, individuality, and tenacity—as part of the team, you’ll be encouraged to take your seat at the table and create your own destiny. Our values are inspired by our employees, which means Braze is a place where you can truly be yourself. We're growing, with a focus on building for the long term under tenured leadership and continuing to evolve for the better.
Need more proof? Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S. and the UK. In 2022, Braze ranked #1 on Fortune’s Best Small and Medium Workplace in New York, #5 on Fortune’s Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US, and #11 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplace for Women in the UK.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Tokyo, and Toronto.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Braze is looking for a highly experienced Customer Lifecycle Marketing leader to join our Marketing Team. The VP, Customer Lifecycle Marketing will be responsible for driving customer and revenue growth by strengthening our engagement with users, buyers and influencers through highly effective marketing programs. Key performance indicators will include improving LTV, activation, driving expansion plays, creative campaigns to reduce churn/ contraction. This role requires building strong cross-functional partnerships with teams such as success, product, community and rest of marketing to create long-term, high value relationships with customers.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The VP will set the vision for and drive the strategic direction of Braze’s lifecycle marketing strategy. You will build and lead a global team of lifecycle and customer marketers to create data driven, differentiated and segmented programs to drive revenue. Must be comfortable leading in a fast-paced, constantly changing, and evolving environment. You will lead with a customer-centric approach, driving insights into customer feedback and behaviors needed to deepen product usage, increase retention, and strengthen the customer experience. You will help foster a strong customer community, activating our strongest customers as loyal advocates.
- Define and drive execution of a lifecycle strategy that improves customer satisfaction, activation, retention and advocacy across our global customer base.
- Develop and deliver lifecycle marketing metrics and OKRs with a laser focus on data; measure and optimize the lifecycle marketing team’s direct influence on prospect conversion rates, product adoption, customer retention, and strategic upsells.
- Serve as a thought leader to evangelize the lifecycle marketing function across the business, creating shared goals with our customer-facing and product functions.
- Develop and build programs that are scalable and predictable, from concept and implementation to optimization.
- Design and implement experimentation frameworks to optimize across the funnel from activation to retention and growth.
- Collaborate with the analytics team to uncover and reach audience segments at the right time and place, along with right offers in their customer journey.
- Partner with marketing operations to forecast, measure performance and share results with leadership on a regular cadence
- Operate with speed and agility, an experimental mindset, continuously optimize to achieve business goals
- Foster the growth of the lifecycle marketing team including mentorship of direct reports to drive professional growth, governance of programs to ensure scalable best practices, and provide direction to guide the execution activities.
- Lead by example and use Braze to drive deeper engagement with customers
WHO YOU ARE
- Proven track record of building and leading customer lifecycle team in a SaaS business
- Experience in scaling, and transforming customer engagement,, including experience in scaling organizations to a $1bn + in revenue in a velocity/SMB, Commercial/mid-market, and enterprise SaaS environment, is highly preferred.
- Data driven mindset and orientation towards marketing programs strategy and execution
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to simplify the complex, bringing clear insights and action plans to all stakeholders and the executive leadership team
- Strong sense of ownership to drive key business metrics and company growth
- Ability to navigate and network and lead by influence across departments to build consensus around critical initiatives with a bias towards action
- Experience coordinating, directing, and guiding the work of teams within a high-growth SaaS organization
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial mentality with experience working on complex, ambiguous projects across multiple teams. Creative approach to new ideas, experimentation with new initiatives that fuel growth
For candidates based in the United States, the pay range for this position at the start of employment is expected to be between $200,000 and $240,000/year with an expected On Target Earnings (OTE) between $250,000 and $300,000/year (including bonus or commission). Your exact offer may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to cash compensation, Braze offers full- and part- time employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSUs) so that all Braze employees own a piece of our company.
WHAT WE OFFER
From comprehensive benefits to remote availability to flexible time off, we’ve got you covered so you can prioritize work-life harmony.
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Global presence, dog-friendly offices, and remote availability
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
Details of these benefit plans will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment. Benefits may vary by location.
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”) which comes into effect January 1, 2023, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.