Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading, comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands like Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns, and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies. And we do it at scale – last fiscal year our customers used Braze to send approximately 1.5 trillion messages to billions of monthly active users.
But we’re so much more than our platform. Although we’ve recently grown to a team of over 1,300 people, Braze still buzzes with energy, collaboration, and transparency. We value curiosity, individuality, and tenacity—as part of the team, you’ll be encouraged to take your seat at the table and create your own destiny. Our values are inspired by our employees, which means Braze is a place where you can truly be yourself. We're growing, with a focus on building for the long term under tenured leadership and continuing to evolve for the better.
Need more proof? Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S. and the UK. In 2022, Braze ranked #1 on Fortune’s Best Small and Medium Workplace in New York, #5 on Fortune’s Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US, and #11 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplace for Women in the UK.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Tokyo, and Toronto.
WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, hundreds of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 3 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Cross-Channel Campaign Management (Independent Platforms), Q3 2021, and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for the fourth consecutive year. The company has also been selected as one of Fortune’s Best Workplace for Millennials in 2021, and was ranked #20 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplaces in 2021. Braze is certified as a Great Place to Work in the UK and the U.S. and is recognized as one of the UK's Best Workplaces for Women.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are seeking a Vice President Finance Operations who will be responsible to identify and lead project initiatives and advocate best practices throughout the accounting operations group and shared services. Responsibilities will include managing the operations activities ensuring compliance with internal policies, procedures, and accounting principles. Reporting to the Chief Accounting Officer, this position will interact with the executive leadership, and lead cross-functional teams. To be successful in this role, the leader will need to be an advocate of automation and tooling, process improvement, performance metrics, transparency and teamwork. This person should be passionate about innovation and collaboration and have the ability to communicate complex issues to all levels of the organization. A strong grasp of financial systems and transactional detail as well as the ability to maintain high level contextual views will be paramount
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Oversee and manage all accounting operations which includes but is not limited to accounts payable, payroll, procurement, T&E, corporate card program and finance systems
- Ensure compliance with internal controls and procedures in the execution of daily operations across all accounting operations functions
- Establish key performance indicators for the team, set priorities, measure success against them and develop strategies for improvement
- Lead the implementation of best practices to scale with our growing business, develop and maintain policies and procedures for the procurement, accounts payable and payroll functions
- Responsible for all monthly close and reporting activities and assistance with quarterly and annual audit (internal and external) requests for all accounting operations related activities
- Evaluate existing system workflows and processes, invest in automation and tooling with the goal of increasing accuracy, efficiency and the overall control environment
- Partner and collaborate with your team, peers and cross functional business partners to drive change management, lead process improvement and alignment
- Develop and own the annual budget for your teams, in-source vs. outsource decisions, and be accountable for budget to actual variances
- Mentor and develop your teams, focusing on superior performance, career pathways and succession planning
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or economics is required, a master’s in business administration is preferred
- CPA is required
- 12+ years relevant experience (accounting operations, payroll, transformation, project management) demonstrating progression with the most recent 5 years in senior finance management roles
- Must have public company experience gained from working at high growth and fast paced SaaS or technology companies, past experience with shared service and delivery centers is preferred
- Experience with systems (Netsuite, Coupa, eTrade, Zuora, CPQ, Salesforce, Workday etc.,), other system implementations and dealing with third party service providers is preferred
- Proven track record of success facilitating progressive organizational change and development within a growing organization
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills including the ability to develop key operations metrics, summarize and interpret results, and develop actionable recommendations for management decision making
- Excellent project management skills, ability to work in a fast paced environment under tight deadlines, react quickly and responsively to many competing requests while adhering to timelines and milestones
- Experience leading diverse and dispersed teams, strong supervisory and mentoring skills with the ability to coach a team with varying levels of expertise
- Entrepreneurial leader with high degree of ownership, integrity and the willingness to roll up their sleeves when required
- A team leader who can positively and productively impact strategic, tactical finance, administration and SOX initiatives.
WHAT WE OFFER
From comprehensive benefits to remote availability to flexible time off, we’ve got you covered so you can prioritize work-life harmony.
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Global presence, dog-friendly offices, and remote availability
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”) which comes into effect January 1, 2023, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.