Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading, comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands like Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns, and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies. And we do it at scale – last fiscal year our customers used Braze to send approximately 1.5 trillion messages to billions of monthly active users.
But we’re so much more than our platform. Although we’ve recently grown to a team of over 1,300 people, Braze still buzzes with energy, collaboration, and transparency. We value curiosity, individuality, and tenacity—as part of the team, you’ll be encouraged to take your seat at the table and create your own destiny. Our values are inspired by our employees, which means Braze is a place where you can truly be yourself. We're growing, with a focus on building for the long term under tenured leadership and continuing to evolve for the better.
Need more proof? Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S. and the UK. In 2022, Braze ranked #1 on Fortune’s Best Small and Medium Workplace in New York, #5 on Fortune’s Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US, and #11 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplace for Women in the UK.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Tokyo, and Toronto.
As a Strategic Customer Success Manager in our Enterprise Team you will work closely with some of the world’s best known brands to help them realize value from their investment in Braze.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Own and assume ultimate responsibility for client renewals, retention and net retention targets for your customers, defined as customer with over 10,000 employees with high touch entitlements
- Be your customers’ main point of contact and trusted advisor at Braze
- Partner with Account Executives, taking a lead role to ensure excellent customer experience and commercial alignment
- Drive feature adoption by building a shared Success Plan with your customers, providing strategic guidance, enablement, and day-to-day advice to help them hit their objectives with Braze
- Drive customer advocacy by building strong customer relationships and creating mutual value for your customers and Braze
- Be a strategic thought leader for your customers, analyzing use-cases and recommending market/vertical best practices to enhance client marketing programs
- Proactively analyze your customer product usage to identify opportunities and risks to account health
- You may be a Lead CSM on global group accounts coordinating internationally across other Braze CSMs, along with diverse customer teams, to create a seamless customer experience assisting customer in developing Centers of Excellence and benefiting from knowledge sharing across their group
- Maintain ongoing regular contact with your customers via ad-hoc communications, regular check-ins, events, and Executive Business Reviews
- Advocate for your customers, soliciting and synthesizing customer product feedback to contribute to product development
- Provide continuing education for customers to maximize product usage, identifying new or unused Braze features that could provide value for your customer and represent an upsell opportunity for Braze
- In addition to being a dedicated contact for strategy, product training inquiries, and non-technical support for your direct accounts coordinate with other Braze teams including Technical Support, Industry Solutions, and Deliverability Services to ensure your customers receive the support they need simply and seamlessly
- Work with Onboarding Managers and other Customer Success Partners to seamlessly transition clients from onboarding to ongoing activity.
- You will likely spend time onsite with customers and travel internationally
Please note this job description cannot possibly cover every duty you may need to undertake, you may be asked by your line manager to handle other reasonable responsibilities commensurate with the role.
WHO YOU ARE
You are an established customer success professional who finds satisfaction in helping your customers achieve great things. You have an excellent track record in customer success or a related role and are excited to work with complex multinational businesses.
- You have significant project management experience and/or formal certifications (PMP, Agile, etc.)
- You have exemplary written and verbal communication skills coupled with unparalleled follow up skills. Clients have the impression that you listen and understand their problems
- You’re known for being a “team player.” We just can’t emphasize this enough
- High level of intellectual curiosity. You see opportunity and growth in learning more about what you do and how it impacts others
- You have strong technical domain knowledge of two or more of the following: SaaS, Mobile, APIs, Marketing Automation, Direct Marketing, Analytics or Programming (HTML etc.)
- 3-6 years experience managing complex accounts (Fortune 100, FTSE, DAX, etc. – ACV of $500K or more) across multiple senior client stakeholders at a SaaS company
For candidates based in the United States, the pay range for this position at the start of employment is expected to be between $70,400 and $123,700/year with an expected On Target Earnings (OTE) between $93,900 and $154,600/year (including bonus or commission). Your exact offer may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to cash compensation, Braze offers full- and part- time employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSUs) so that all Braze employees own a piece of our company.
WHAT WE OFFER
From comprehensive benefits to remote availability to flexible time off, we’ve got you covered so you can prioritize work-life harmony.
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Global presence, dog-friendly offices, and remote availability
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
Details of these benefit plans will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment. Benefits may vary by location.
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”) which comes into effect January 1, 2023, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.