Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading, comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands like Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns, and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies. And we do it at scale – last fiscal year our customers used Braze to send approximately 1.5 trillion messages to billions of monthly active users.
But we’re so much more than our platform. Although we’ve recently grown to a team of over 1,300 people, Braze still buzzes with energy, collaboration, and transparency. We value curiosity, individuality, and tenacity—as part of the team, you’ll be encouraged to take your seat at the table and create your own destiny. Our values are inspired by our employees, which means Braze is a place where you can truly be yourself. We're growing, with a focus on building for the long term under tenured leadership and continuing to evolve for the better.
Need more proof? Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S. and the UK. In 2022, Braze ranked #1 on Fortune’s Best Small and Medium Workplace in New York, #5 on Fortune’s Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US, and #11 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplace for Women in the UK.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Tokyo, and Toronto.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
We're looking for a Senior Product Manager to support our Email Infrastructure team. The Email Infrastructure team is responsible for the core email sending, email analytics, and subscription management features for the Email channel. Braze operates at a massive scale, collecting hundreds of billions of data points each month and sending billions of messages to end-users daily. A successful candidate will be curious, strategic, organized, data-driven, and customer-focused.
As the second Product Manager on the team, you will work closely with engineering and design leadership to help devise the roadmap, execute initiatives, and coordinate the launch and communication of new features. You’ll focus on the following functional areas:
- Align executives, socialize roadmap, convince peers, coordinate dependencies and remove obstacles for your team along the way
- Lead a high-performing team throughout the product delivery lifecycle
- Help define the future email-sending infrastructure for the company, one that continues to be globally competitive and scalable to help our customers achieve their wildest throughputs
- Create the next generation Email reporting infrastructure, allowing customers to understand their ROI when utilizing Braze
- Deeply understand our customers, market, and technology environment. The Email team operates in a rapidly evolving technology ecosystem, and staying on top of the landscape in which we operate is a must
- Mentor others in your area of expertise
- Work with technical leadership to define the product roadmap for Email Infrastructure at Braze – analyzing inputs from a wide variety of sources to prioritize the most important next steps for our product
- Partner with the dedicated engineers and designers to execute this roadmap in a lean, entrepreneurial start-up environment
- Manage P/L for the team
- Establish and manage internal and external customer expectations
- Deeply understand our technology, business, customers, and market
- Build best-in-class infrastructure to elevate the Braze product
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- At least 4+ years of experience as a builder. These 5 years can be split between time spent in Product Management and Engineering roles
- Strong communication, collaboration, organization, and persuasion skills
- A proactive, positive, can-do attitude. You drive projects to completion and are always looking for new ways that processes and products can be improved
- Strong technical experience
- You understand how distributed systems work, and perhaps have experience developing themselves
- A rich understanding of Email Infrastructure (MTA), software engineering ecosystems, and related technologies such as REST APIs, oAuth, JSON, etc.
- An eagerness to learn and grow
- Has previously held a product management position at an Email Service Provider
- Has intimate knowledge of building and maintaining MTA software
For candidates based in the United States, the pay range for this position at the start of employment is expected to be between $155,000 and $207,000/year with an expected On Target Earnings (OTE) between $195,000 and $235,000/year (including bonus or commission). Your exact offer may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to cash compensation, Braze offers full- and part- time employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSUs) so that all Braze employees own a piece of our company.
WHAT WE OFFER
From comprehensive benefits to remote availability to flexible time off, we’ve got you covered so you can prioritize work-life harmony.
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Global presence, dog-friendly offices, and remote availability
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
Details of these benefit plans will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment. Benefits may vary by location.
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”) which comes into effect January 1, 2023, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.