Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading, comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands like Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns, and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies. And we do it at scale – last fiscal year our customers used Braze to send approximately 1.5 trillion messages to billions of monthly active users.
But we’re so much more than our platform. Although we’ve recently grown to a team of over 1,300 people, Braze still buzzes with energy, collaboration, and transparency. We value curiosity, individuality, and tenacity—as part of the team, you’ll be encouraged to take your seat at the table and create your own destiny. Our values are inspired by our employees, which means Braze is a place where you can truly be yourself. We're growing, with a focus on building for the long term under tenured leadership and continuing to evolve for the better.
Need more proof? Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S. and the UK. In 2022, Braze ranked #1 on Fortune’s Best Small and Medium Workplace in New York, #5 on Fortune’s Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US, and #11 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplace for Women in the UK.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Tokyo, and Toronto.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a hands-on Senior Manager, Global Payroll to join our growing Finance Team. This role is responsible for leading and managing our company-wide payroll function at Braze and ensuring payroll is run accurately, timely and in compliance with all local regulatory requirements. You will also be responsible for directing and coordinating the implementation and administration of payroll policies, procedures, and regulations; and proactively working with the Global People Team to optimize the end-to-end payroll process. This role will report directly to the Director, Payroll with exposure to finance leadership.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead end-to-end payroll processing and documentation for over 1000 employees worldwide in various locations
- Manage payroll operations for all of our locations including but not limited to US, UK, Germany, Spain, Canada, France & Singapore
- Review semi-monthly and monthly payrolls for accuracy
- Lead the geographic expansion of payroll processing into new countries as the company rapidly expands its global footprint
- Develop a close working partnership with the People team to implement process improvements and optimize payroll processing
- Maintain policies and procedures including key internal control documentation
- Demonstrated ability to provide direction and leadership at all levels of the organization
- Partner with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting of compensation expense
- Work with tax agencies and in-country payroll service providers to resolve tax issues
- Manage audit requests and provide required supporting documentation
WHO YOU ARE
- 7+ years of payroll experience in both US and foreign jurisdictions
- Thorough knowledge of global payroll tax laws and regulations
- Experience processing payroll through Workday and Cloudpay a plus
- Extensive understanding of payroll and tax related impacts of stock and equity disbursements
- Experience implementing global payroll processes in multiple jurisdictions
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Detail oriented and highly organized with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to operate independently as well as a member of the team
- Strong written and communication skills
- Working for a public company a plus
For candidates based in the United States, the pay range for this position at the start of employment is expected to be between $100,000 and $135,000/year with an expected On Target Earnings (OTE) between $115,000 and $160,000/year (including bonus or commission). Your exact offer may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to cash compensation, Braze offers full- and part- time employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSUs) so that all Braze employees own a piece of our company.
WHAT WE OFFER
From comprehensive benefits to remote availability to flexible time off, we’ve got you covered so you can prioritize work-life harmony.
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Global presence, dog-friendly offices, and remote availability
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
Details of these benefit plans will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment. Benefits may vary by location.
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”) which comes into effect January 1, 2023, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.