Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading, comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands like Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns, and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies. And we do it at scale – last fiscal year our customers used Braze to send approximately 1.5 trillion messages to billions of monthly active users.
But we’re so much more than our platform. Although we’ve recently grown to a team of over 1,300 people, Braze still buzzes with energy, collaboration, and transparency. We value curiosity, individuality, and tenacity—as part of the team, you’ll be encouraged to take your seat at the table and create your own destiny. Our values are inspired by our employees, which means Braze is a place where you can truly be yourself. We're growing, with a focus on building for the long term under tenured leadership and continuing to evolve for the better.
Need more proof? Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S. and the UK. In 2022, Braze ranked #1 on Fortune’s Best Small and Medium Workplace in New York, #5 on Fortune’s Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US, and #11 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplace for Women in the UK.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Tokyo, and Toronto.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Braze is looking for a proven business development leader to further drive outbound pipeline growth by directing and coaching our highly ambitious Enterprise BDR Team. This role requires you to have strong hands-on experience in working day-to-day with the team in delivering; a comprehensive training program, provide ongoing sales coaching, monitoring sales prospecting activity levels and maintain a team-oriented, performance-minded culture. Additionally, this role will work with Sales and Marketing leaders to ensure the BDR Team is properly positioning our service and qualifying opportunities to achieve monthly, quarterly and yearly pipeline and revenue goals.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Oversee the daily activities and quota performance management of individual BDRs to ensure key performance metrics are met
- Hire and quickly ramp new BDRs with training, including product knowledge, buyer personas, competition, tools training, and plenty of role-plays
- Provide BDRs with a coaching cadence of time management, objection handling, prospecting tactics, and active listening skills
- Strategize with sales and marketing counterparts on pipeline and prospecting initiatives to meet company objectives
- Establish a library of prospecting resources for the BDR team
- Maintain a high-performance BDR Team culture and morale
- Drive operational excellence through constant innovation
- Review and maintain metrics to ensure accurate management reports
- Work closely with BDR Director and HR on all potential risk and disciplinary actions necessary
- Develop and execute career development and leadership
- Conduct selling efforts as needed
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of experience in B2B sales leadership (Team Lead and/or Manager)
- You have experience managing an outbound sales team (new business focussed)
- An understanding of SaaS – we are open to someone who is not just from the SaaS world
- A history of consistently performing above quota in an outbound sales environment
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills demonstrated through superior communication and presentation skills
- Salesforce power user, and familiarity with email and call automation platforms
NICE TO HAVE
- Some technical experience or knowledge/passion (built an app, website, took coding courses, etc.)
- Language skills (ideally French and/or German) but not essential
WHAT WE OFFER
From comprehensive benefits to remote availability to flexible time off, we’ve got you covered so you can prioritize work-life harmony.
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Global presence, dog-friendly offices, and remote availability
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
Details of these benefit plans will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment. Benefits may vary by location.
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”) which comes into effect January 1, 2023, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.