Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading, comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands like Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns, and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies. And we do it at scale – last fiscal year our customers used Braze to send approximately 1.5 trillion messages to billions of monthly active users.
But we’re so much more than our platform. Although we’ve recently grown to a team of over 1,300 people, Braze still buzzes with energy, collaboration, and transparency. We value curiosity, individuality, and tenacity—as part of the team, you’ll be encouraged to take your seat at the table and create your own destiny. Our values are inspired by our employees, which means Braze is a place where you can truly be yourself. We're growing, with a focus on building for the long term under tenured leadership and continuing to evolve for the better.
Need more proof? Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S. and the UK. In 2022, Braze ranked #1 on Fortune’s Best Small and Medium Workplace in New York, #5 on Fortune’s Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US, and #11 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplace for Women in the UK.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Tokyo, and Toronto.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Braze is undergoing an exciting transformation to improve our HR technology operations and systems. This Senior Workday Analyst role will sit within the People Operations team, reporting to the Manager of Workday. This person will assist in the planning, execution, and maintenance of our HR systems. They will also be responsible for taking our data and reporting to the next level, in partnership with our Workday team, as we support our fast-growing global teams.
- Partner with Workday Analysts to continuously optimize our HR systems, primarily but not limited to Workday, and implement solutions to drive adoption and ease of use.
- Gather business requirements, determine viable system solutions, and build investment with stakeholders to implement changes.
- Configure changes in Workday aligned with business requirements and perform comprehensive unit testing.
- Write advanced reports that include creating calculated fields and maintaining dashboards, providing the HR Team and wider organization with accurate data.
- Monitor and configure current Business Processes and create new ones as needed.
- Participate actively in the Workday Community, propose and advocate for improvements to the Workday solution, and build a network of peers to best-practice-share.
- Create and maintain end-user and training documentation; and participate in training activities for stakeholders and end-users.
- Regularly evaluate current state of system and integrations and proactively identify opportunities for improvement with stakeholder feedback and buy-in, including analyzing the impact of Workday’s bi-annual updates.
- Partner with external vendors, users and other internal partners on data and systems projects, integration and analytics; ensuring the integrity of HRIS data and security.
WHO YOU ARE
We are looking for a scrappy and detail-obsessed system analyst with experience with the configuration of large-scale HRIS (Workday). The right person will be system and process minded, with an exceptional ability to think critically and drive improvement.
- 3-5 years HR experience with 2-3 years of Workday experience
- Previous hands-on experience working with Workday (HCM, Absence, & Time Tracking strongly preferred. Benefits, Advanced Compensation, and/or Payroll, are a plus.)
- Business Process Configuration experience
- Strong data analysis and complex report building skills
- Commitment to quality and continuous improvement
- Demonstrate high level of integrity, discretion and confidentiality
- Proven ability to collaborate and work in a cross-functional team environment
- Ability to prioritize workload and provide timely follow-up and resolution
- Action-orientation with excellent follow-through skills; works well independently and in teams in a fast-paced, multifaceted environment
- Analyzes and assesses situations to find effective solutions; creative problem solver; engages in fixing the problem; makes decisions using data
- Advanced Microsoft Excel proficiency
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
WHAT WE OFFER
From comprehensive benefits to remote availability to flexible time off, we’ve got you covered so you can prioritize work-life harmony.
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Global presence, dog-friendly offices, and remote availability
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”) which comes into effect January 1, 2023, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.