Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading, comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands like Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns, and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies. And we do it at scale – last fiscal year our customers used Braze to send approximately 1.5 trillion messages to billions of monthly active users.
But we’re so much more than our platform. Although we’ve recently grown to a team of over 1,300 people, Braze still buzzes with energy, collaboration, and transparency. We value curiosity, individuality, and tenacity—as part of the team, you’ll be encouraged to take your seat at the table and create your own destiny. Our values are inspired by our employees, which means Braze is a place where you can truly be yourself. We're growing, with a focus on building for the long term under tenured leadership and continuing to evolve for the better.
Need more proof? Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S. and the UK. In 2022, Braze ranked #1 on Fortune’s Best Small and Medium Workplace in New York, #5 on Fortune’s Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US, and #11 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplace for Women in the UK.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Tokyo, and Toronto.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Just as Braze powers the interactions between consumers and brands they love, the People Relations team helps power the relationship between Braze and its employees by aligning people strategy to business strategy and helping the business meet its goal through its people; balancing the needs of the business with the needs of employees; and ensuring employees are included, developed, recognized, rewarded, engaged, and retained. We’re a global team that is structured regionally by function and each People (HR) Business Partner (PBP) is assigned to specific business groups to support their success.
The Head of People Relations is responsible for leading and developing the talented and dedicated People Relations team across the AMER, EMEA, and APAC regions. This role, which reports to the Chief People Officer and sits on Braze’s People Leadership Team, is an exciting opportunity that will have a big impact on the company as we continue to grow and scale!
Specifically, you will:
- Enable the PBPs to translate Braze’s business strategy into tailored talent strategies that help drive overall organizational design and development, performance management, and employee relations initiatives, as well as strong business outcomes
- Serve as a trusted strategic advisor and partner to Braze executives and General Managers (GMs) by providing consultative support, executing people programs, managing change, and implementing culture and community-building approaches in close collaboration with the respective PBPs
- Set the overall strategy for the People Relations team and translate it to tactical goals and Objectives & Key Results (OKRs) that support the team’s mission
- Evolve the team’s support structure to ensure the PBPs provide consistent direction and guidance to their client groups while accommodating the unique needs of the different functions
- Proactively analyze relevant employee data (i.e., engagement, performance, attrition), identify trends, draw insights, make recommendations for improvement, and follow through on action plans
- Build upon our infrastructure for employee and manager support and introduce scalable solutions to further equip managers in partnership with the Learning & Development team
- Work cross-functionally with the leaders of the other People functions (i.e., People Operations, Total Rewards, Talent Acquisition, and Learning & Development), as well as Financial Planning & Analysis and Legal, on programs like workforce planning, manager development, talent management, shared services, employee engagement, and employee relations
- Mentor, coach, grow, and develop the PBPs with their direct managers and act as a senior escalation point for employee relations issues
WHO YOU ARE
You’re a people leader with deep HR business partner experience who is ready to roll up your sleeves and continue building this essential People function!
Specifically, you have:
- 8+ years of full-time HR business partner experience in high-growth organizations (high-tech or SaaS industry experience preferred)
- 3+ years of experience building and leading a high-performing HR business partner team, including setting a vision and overarching strategy, providing direction, and developing relevant expectations and measures of success
- Strong business acumen and a core understanding of the different levers and needs of the business to design, implement, and evolve talent programs to drive performance
- Demonstrated experience, confidence, and comfort partnering with leaders across all functions (i.e., Go-To-Market, General & Administrative, and Research & Development) and regions (i.e., AMER, EMEA, and APAC) and ability to dissent, challenge, and influence while maintaining productive working relationships
- A robust foundation of HR best practices, disciplines (e.g., compensation, succession planning) and employment law and success driving strategic people initiatives
- Best-in-class verbal and written communication skills, and ability to succinctly explain complex topics in an employee-friendly tone and tailor communication for different audiences
- Excellent critical thinking and root cause problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail and ability to navigate ambiguity
- High accountability and time management and ability to continuously prioritize and multitask
- A motivating and encouraging attitude that others look up to and emulate with high empathy while exhibiting a deep understanding of business needs and company goals
For candidates based in the United States, the pay range for this position at the start of employment is expected to be between $180,000 and $230,000/year with an expected On Target Earnings (OTE) between $210,000 and $260,000/year (including bonus or commission). Your exact offer may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to cash compensation, Braze offers full- and part-time employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSUs) so that all Braze employees own a piece of our company.
WHAT WE OFFER
From comprehensive benefits to remote availability to flexible time off, we’ve got you covered so you can prioritize work-life harmony.
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Global presence, dog-friendly offices, and remote availability
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
Details of these benefit plans will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment. Benefits may vary by location.