Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading, comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands like Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns, and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies. And we do it at scale – last fiscal year our customers used Braze to send approximately 1.5 trillion messages to billions of monthly active users.
But we’re so much more than our platform. Although we’ve recently grown to a team of over 1,300 people, Braze still buzzes with energy, collaboration, and transparency. We value curiosity, individuality, and tenacity—as part of the team, you’ll be encouraged to take your seat at the table and create your own destiny. Our values are inspired by our employees, which means Braze is a place where you can truly be yourself. We're growing, with a focus on building for the long term under tenured leadership and continuing to evolve for the better.
Need more proof? Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S. and the UK. In 2022, Braze ranked #1 on Fortune’s Best Small and Medium Workplace in New York, #5 on Fortune’s Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US, and #11 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplace for Women in the UK.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Tokyo, and Toronto.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
At Braze, we use technology to humanize connections between brands and customers. We believe human beings want to be spoken to like human beings, and technology like ours can help brands do that at scale.
That’s why, as B2B marketers, how we communicate with our existing and potential customers is so incredibly important to us. Help shape how we build those connections with our audience. You will develop brand voice and style guides and enable the organization to apply and scale brand voice to all departments and functions. Your portfolio should demonstrate solid brand messaging skills across a wide variety of channels.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop and maintain all brand voice guidelines and enablement across the organization
- Act as copy lead on development of all branding ad campaigns in collaboration with Senior Creative Director, and VP of Brand
- Collaborate with VP of Brand and Creative Director on all branding and taxonomy for product and brand extension naming and trademarking
- Act as the copy lead in cross dept collaboration and workflow process development with other Braze teams within marketing (Creative, Demand Generation, Customer Marketing, Regional Marketing, Product Marketing, Events) and outside of marketing (Sales, Business Development, Strategic Consulting, Customer Success, Business Insights, Product, People) throughout the creative process from concept to production
- Synthesize complex, technical concepts into easy-to-comprehend and engaging messaging
- Test and iterate to optimize conversion rates
- Develop website copy, emails and newsletters, advertising campaigns, video scripts, brochure copy, email nurtures, and promotional materials
- Craft engaging collateral for corporate events, as well as owned and sponsored conference series
WHO YOU ARE
You’re a positive, sleeves-rolled-up writer who thrives on navigating the rapidly evolving tech space. You take pride in your work and you crush every deadline. You’re passionate about creative collaboration, brand building, and brand application. The ad copy you deliver is so clear and concise that designers breathe a sigh of relief to be partnered with you. From website copy to advertising campaigns, the digital experiences you craft glow with creativity.
- You possess a strong portfolio that demonstrates versatility and experience within a range of content formats and application of brand voice
- An expert in buyer-focused messaging for a B2B audience, including a diverse range of personas
- Enthusiastic collaborator with exceptional communication skills
- Impeccable writing and editing skills, with the ability to spot grammar mistakes at a distance
- Knowledge of industry tools (AP Style Guide, Word, GSuite)
- Knowledge of SEO fundamentals, including meta tags
- Experience with A/B testing
- Experience writing for and/or knowledge of marketing, martech, SaaS and B2B
- Ability to prioritize multiple, demanding tasks simultaneously and with accuracy
- Bonus Points:
- Experience with HTML, CMS's, Keynote, Figma, Asana, or Adobe InDesign
- Brand development and/or agency experience
WHAT WE OFFER
From comprehensive benefits to remote availability to flexible time off, we’ve got you covered so you can prioritize work-life harmony.
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Global presence, dog-friendly offices, and remote availability
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”) which comes into effect January 1, 2023, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.