Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading, comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands like Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns, and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies. And we do it at scale – last fiscal year our customers used Braze to send approximately 1.5 trillion messages to billions of monthly active users.
But we’re so much more than our platform. Although we’ve recently grown to a team of over 1,300 people, Braze still buzzes with energy, collaboration, and transparency. We value curiosity, individuality, and tenacity—as part of the team, you’ll be encouraged to take your seat at the table and create your own destiny. Our values are inspired by our employees, which means Braze is a place where you can truly be yourself. We're growing, with a focus on building for the long term under tenured leadership and continuing to evolve for the better.
Need more proof? Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S. and the UK. In 2022, Braze ranked #1 on Fortune’s Best Small and Medium Workplace in New York, #5 on Fortune’s Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US, and #11 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplace for Women in the UK.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Tokyo, and Toronto.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Act as a guide for new BDR sales hires through the onboarding process
- Lead training workshops as needed with new BDR hires
- Coach new BDRs on knowledge, skills, and behaviors throughout their ramp
- Monitor performance and progression toward key onboarding and ramp goals required for each supported role
- Analyze individual and cohort performance to determine areas of excellence and opportunity
- Communicate data and key findings throughout the onboarding process with sales leadership
- Partner with sales leadership to develop strategies and objectives that lead to the success of each individual
- Collaborate closely with the Sales Enablement organization to develop and manage resources and other assets as required to assist in the onboarding process
- Partner with the central L&D team to improve learning efficiency, consumption of materials, and completion of programs that deliver the highest returns in the shortest time
- Ensure team members have clarity of purpose, the tools required to meet their responsibilities, and an environment conducive to diversity of thought, innovation, and personal and professional growth
WHAT YOU HAVE :
- 3+ years combined experience in Sales or Sales readiness/productivity/enablement
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong communication and influence skills
- Subject matter expertise in sales process, methodologies and techniques with demonstrated independent thought leadership
- Exceptional relationship management skills with senior stakeholders
- Strong collaboration and problem-solving skills
- Confidence when presenting in front of large groups
- Proven track record of producing and hosting enablement events, leading advanced sales training driving adoption of best practices, and measuring the impact of productivity programs at scale
- Flexibility and ability to pivot to new demands with a high sense of urgency
- Demonstrated leadership in delivering results with large-scale, cross-functional teams
- Experience working with Learning Management Systems and other related systems and processes
- Proven ability to lead and develop high performance teams
- Ability to conduct analyses, translate results to digestible communications including messages and presentations
- Moderate travel
- Business fluent English. Additional languages are an advantage
WHAT WE OFFER
From comprehensive benefits to remote availability to flexible time off, we’ve got you covered so you can prioritize work-life harmony.
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Global presence, dog-friendly offices, and remote availability
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”) which comes into effect January 1, 2023, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.