Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading, comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands like Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns, and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies. And we do it at scale – last fiscal year our customers used Braze to send approximately 1.5 trillion messages to billions of monthly active users.
But we’re so much more than our platform. Although we’ve recently grown to a team of over 1,300 people, Braze still buzzes with energy, collaboration, and transparency. We value curiosity, individuality, and tenacity—as part of the team, you’ll be encouraged to take your seat at the table and create your own destiny. Our values are inspired by our employees, which means Braze is a place where you can truly be yourself. We're growing, with a focus on building for the long term under tenured leadership and continuing to evolve for the better.
Need more proof? Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S. and the UK. In 2022, Braze ranked #1 on Fortune’s Best Small and Medium Workplace in New York, #5 on Fortune’s Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US, and #11 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplace for Women in the UK.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Tokyo, and Toronto.
What You’ll Do
The Director, Enterprise Sales (Named Accounts) role will have responsibility for East and Central region new business ACV quota across our Named Enterprise Accounts business segment. The ideal candidate will have at least 6 years of experience selling SaaS products to Enterprise/Strategic-level clients and in higher run-rate environments, as well as operating in high growth technology sectors.
The candidate will have a broad network, mature sales acumen and experience in hiring and developing world-class SaaS sales teams as a result of a high performing career in quota carrying roles.
Summary Of Responsibilities
This Director will be responsible for driving large, complex transactions as well as higher cadence transactions, while ensuring consistent and predictable growth and success. The ideal candidate will have experience in marketing automation, CRM, email or related marketing technologies, be a thought-leader for innovation and disruptive technologies, have a “customer-first” mentality and represent Braze within the local ecosystem of employees, customers, partners and other stakeholders.
- Set and execute an aggressive customer acquisition strategy for the region
- Align go-to-market teams (BDR, marketing, value engineering, SolCon, executive) to execute the FY plan and represent a clear, single vision to customers and the marketplace
- Manage overall sales process and provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting
- Plan and manage at both the strategic and operational levels
- Hire, nurture and performance manage a team of world-class sales talent
- Be a proactive representative within the senior leadership team
Who You Are
This is a management SaaS sales role with a high level of experience managing a small team of Account Executives as well as outbound prospectors. The ideal candidate will have at least 6 years of single contributor experience selling a SaaS product to Strategic customers and at least 4 years of sales management experience.
Strong candidates will have experience working with Strategic clients, as well as the ability to coach and lead both an outbound prospecting team in addition to the Strategic sales team. In addition, experience selling a marketing automation, CRM, email, or analytics solution is highly preferred.
- Minimum of 6 years of proven Enterprise/Strategic SaaS sales experience required
- At least 4 years of experience managing a regional team of sales executives (experience managing an outbound prospecting team preferred)
- Able to work cross-functionally with Marketing, Customer Success, and Sales Operations
- Outstanding verbal, written and stand-up presentation skills
- A proven connector in your daily life through social media and other mediums
- Up-to-date on digital and application trends, especially in the mobile space
- Proven success navigating large organizations and ability to quickly identify the decision makers and decision-making process for large SaaS investments
- Prior experience in a startup technology company a plus
For candidates based in the United States, the pay range for this position at the start of employment is expected to be between $180,500 and $197,500/year with an expected On Target Earnings (OTE) between $361,000 and $395,000/year (including bonus or commission). Your exact offer may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to cash compensation, Braze offers full- and part- time employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSUs) so that all Braze employees own a piece of our company.
WHAT WE OFFER
From comprehensive benefits to remote availability to flexible time off, we’ve got you covered so you can prioritize work-life harmony.
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Global presence, dog-friendly offices, and remote availability
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
Details of these benefit plans will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment. Benefits may vary by location.
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”) which comes into effect January 1, 2023, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.