WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, hundreds of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 3 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Cross-Channel Campaign Management (Independent Platforms), Q3 2021, and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for the fourth consecutive year. The company has also been selected as one of Fortune’s Best Workplace for Millennials in 2021, and was ranked #20 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplaces in 2021. Braze is certified as a Great Place to Work in the UK and the U.S. and is recognized as one of the UK's Best Workplaces for Women.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- The Finance team is seeking a Manager, FP&A to join our growing team. You will be the business partner to key functional leaders across Braze’s R&D Organization, responsible for identifying, analyzing and reporting on metrics that reflect business performance; driving a rigorous budgeting and forecasting process.
- You will report to the Senior Manager of FP&A and work closely with various leaders in order to improve our financial forecast and monthly reporting standards.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Act as the finance business partner to leaders within the Research and Development function (Engineering, Product and Growth) and lead their budgeting and forecasting activities.
- Manage financial models for budgeting, forecasting and long-range planning related to cost of revenue (COR).
- Improve business unit planning processes and systems to enhance management visibility and decision-making.
- Support company-wide budgeting and forecasting; drive monthly financial reviews to understand key forecast variances and be able to identify any key trends and areas for forecast improvement.
- Collaborate with Accounting and People teams to streamline financial close, budget and planning processes and financial reporting.
- Ensure operational plans are in line with financial budgets and forecasts.
- Enhance monthly & quarterly internal reporting, including driving insightful analyses to explain trends and any variance to plans.
- Lead system and process improvement initiatives to support our growth and drive efficiencies that help us scale as an FP&A team.
WHO YOU ARE
- 7-8 years of prior experience in Finance and FP&A, preferably in Tech, SaaS is a plus.
- Ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and action plans.
- Experience with and exposure to Engineering / IT departments and vendors is highly preferable.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to interact and influence at all levels and the ability and willingness to coach, develop, and mentor others.
- Strong financial modeling skills and a very high level of comfort with Microsoft Excel.
- An analytical, creative thinker who can focus on the details without losing sight of the big picture.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to build relationships.
- Experience with Adaptive Insights, Looker, CloudHealth, Netsuite and Workday is a plus.
- This role requires someone who is highly analytical and strategic, is able to communicate clearly and effectively, and thrives in a fast paced-environment.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.