Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading, comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands like Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns, and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies. And we do it at scale – last fiscal year our customers used Braze to send approximately 1.5 trillion messages to billions of monthly active users.
But we’re so much more than our platform. Although we’ve recently grown to a team of over 1,300 people, Braze still buzzes with energy, collaboration, and transparency. We value curiosity, individuality, and tenacity—as part of the team, you’ll be encouraged to take your seat at the table and create your own destiny. Our values are inspired by our employees, which means Braze is a place where you can truly be yourself. We're growing, with a focus on building for the long term under tenured leadership and continuing to evolve for the better.
Need more proof? Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S. and the UK. In 2022, Braze ranked #1 on Fortune’s Best Small and Medium Workplace in New York, #5 on Fortune’s Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US, and #11 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplace for Women in the UK.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Tokyo, and Toronto.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Finance team is seeking an FP&A Manager to join our growing team. You will be the revenue lead for the FP&A team responsible for tracking and forecasting revenue and other key company KPI’s such as CRPO and DBNR.
You will report to the head of Corporate FP&A and work closely with various leaders in order to improve our revenue forecast and monthly reporting standards. This role requires someone who is highly analytical and strategic, is able to communicate clearly and effectively, and thrives in a fast paced-environment.
- Partner with Revenue accounting and the FP&A GTM team to generate Braze’s Revenue forecast
- Track, forecast and report on financial key metrics such as Committed Remaining Performance Obligation (CRPO), Dollar Based Net Retention (DBNR) and Gross Renewal Rates
- Support our monthly close process through close partnership with the accounting and operations teams
- Report on actual financial results against targets, provide variance analysis, assist in guidance on future trends, and present findings to Finance leadership
- Evaluate and develop financial models to help drive strategic business decisions and identify opportunities to optimize outcomes
- Support ad hoc projects and strategic initiatives
WHO YOU ARE
- 5+ years of progressive experience in Finance and FP&A, preferably in Tech
- Strong understanding of SaaS metrics and ASC 606 revenue recognition
- An analytical, creative thinker who can focus on the details without losing sight of the big picture
- Ability to balance multiple responsibilities with competing deadlines
- Strong financial modeling skills and a very high level of comfort with Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Adaptive Insights, Looker, Zuora and Netsuite is a plus
For candidates based in the United States, the pay range for this position at the start of employment is expected to be between $98,000 and $132,000/year with an expected On Target Earnings (OTE) between $115,000 and $155,000/year (including bonus or commission). Your exact offer may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to cash compensation, Braze offers full- and part- time employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSUs) so that all Braze employees own a piece of our company.
WHAT WE OFFER
From comprehensive benefits to remote availability to flexible time off, we’ve got you covered so you can prioritize work-life harmony.
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Global presence, dog-friendly offices, and remote availability
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
Details of these benefit plans will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment. Benefits may vary by location.
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”) which comes into effect January 1, 2023, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.