Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading, comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands like Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns, and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies. And we do it at scale – last fiscal year our customers used Braze to send approximately 1.5 trillion messages to billions of monthly active users.
But we’re so much more than our platform. Although we’ve recently grown to a team of over 1,300 people, Braze still buzzes with energy, collaboration, and transparency. We value curiosity, individuality, and tenacity—as part of the team, you’ll be encouraged to take your seat at the table and create your own destiny. Our values are inspired by our employees, which means Braze is a place where you can truly be yourself. We're growing, with a focus on building for the long term under tenured leadership and continuing to evolve for the better.
Need more proof? Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S. and the UK. In 2022, Braze ranked #1 on Fortune’s Best Small and Medium Workplace in New York, #5 on Fortune’s Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US, and #11 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplace for Women in the UK.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Tokyo, and Toronto.
The Talent Acquisition team is searching for a Director of Global Go-To-Market Talent Acquisition. We are a passionate, collaborative, and driven group of individuals who have a high impact on company growth and success. We believe in constant iteration and continuous improvement and that the best idea wins. We offer flexibility and understanding that the nature of work has fundamentally changed over the past few years, and operate in a hybrid model that allows for both in-office socialization and remote work.
The Director of Talent Acquisition is responsible for defining and driving the strategic direction of Braze’s global go to market recruiting efforts and will manage the functional operation of the sales, post-sales, and general & administrative recruitment teams. You will collaborate with hiring stakeholders, ranging from hiring managers up to department heads and executives to execute against the hiring plan for the team(s) they support. You will be responsible for ensuring that recruiting best practices are consistently followed across all stages of the recruitment process, and that each individual is executing on their role. This role will report to the VP of Talent Acquisition and work cross-functionally and collaboratively with other TA leaders, department heads, executives, and the wider People team to drive world class recruiting practices, engagement strategies and operational efficiency.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Achieve quarterly team hiring goal, as defined by the recruiter capacity model and pod assignment.
- Partner with department heads and the managers who report to you to monitor and organize the business’s headcount plans so they are actionable by the Talent team.
- Determine priorities regularly with department heads & FP&A, adjusting team focus as required.
- Respond quickly and efficiently to changes in hiring priority by reallocating recruiting resources accordingly.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with the senior hiring stakeholders (e.g. division and/or department heads) that you support to ensure a regular, recurring two-way feedback loop with the goal of identifying and troubleshooting challenges before they escalate further by meeting regularly and providing world-class customer service.
- Leverage data with support from Recruitment Operations to keep hiring stakeholders informed of progress and challenges. You should be fluent in all the key data/metrics for the groups that you support and share these regularly in clear and concise formats, such as up to date Looker dashboards, email summaries, greenhouse reports, and quarterly business reviews.
- Work closely with hiring stakeholders to execute on team/department DEI initiatives in partnership with the Social Impact team.
- Use prior experience, data, and market insights to influence hiring processes by offering ideas for improvement and providing a consultative approach, even when faced with challenging or differing opinions.
- Ensure that all of your reports maintain a high level of operational/data hygiene and sufficient use of recruitment tools/systems (e.g. Greenhouse, Gem, LinkedIn Recruiter).
- Support your reports’ career development through coaching and timely, specific, and constructive feedback.
- Lead change management process through times of growth and inspire your team to adopt new policies and practices. Communicate effectively, professionally, and often.
- Hire, onboard, and enable new recruiters into the team ensuring they are well versed on the business of Braze, teams and departments they’ll be supporting, culture, benefits, career development and all the Talent team processes and systems required to execute their roles effectively.
- Leverage reporting tools (Looker, Gem, etc), to drive visibility and accountability, follow defined best practices, etc.
- Act as a thought partner to TA leadership and the broader People team. You should be actively seeking out opportunities to help shape current and future strategic initiatives, and translating those into actionable OKRs for your team(s).
- Act as a role model for all members of the TA team by abiding by company values and conducting yourself with professionalism and maturity at all times.
WHO YOU ARE
- 10+ years of direct recruitment experience, sales preferred.
- 5+ years of leading, mentoring and building global recruitment teams.
- Experience recruiting for a variety of go to market positions ranging from executive leadership, account executives, and interns.
- No data is too much data for you, you understand how to get granular and synthesize for actionable insights.
- You enjoy working in an extremely fast paced and ever changing environment.
- You enjoy working as a team and understand what it means to be accountable and collaborate with others.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills and act with high emotional intelligence.
WHAT WE OFFER
From comprehensive benefits to remote availability to flexible time off, we’ve got you covered so you can prioritize work-life harmony.
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Global presence, dog-friendly offices, and remote availability
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”) which comes into effect January 1, 2023, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.