Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading, comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands like Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns, and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies. And we do it at scale – last fiscal year our customers used Braze to send approximately 1.5 trillion messages to billions of monthly active users.
But we’re so much more than our platform. Although we’ve recently grown to a team of over 1,300 people, Braze still buzzes with energy, collaboration, and transparency. We value curiosity, individuality, and tenacity—as part of the team, you’ll be encouraged to take your seat at the table and create your own destiny. Our values are inspired by our employees, which means Braze is a place where you can truly be yourself. We're growing, with a focus on building for the long term under tenured leadership and continuing to evolve for the better.
Need more proof? Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S. and the UK. In 2022, Braze ranked #1 on Fortune’s Best Small and Medium Workplace in New York, #5 on Fortune’s Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US, and #11 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplace for Women in the UK.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Tokyo, and Toronto.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We’re seeking a dynamic and resourceful Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Program Manager to join our newly formed Social Impact team. The new Social Impact Department at Braze uses our technology, expertise, and resources to transform how the world connects and communicates to shape an equitable and more sustainable future. The program encompasses our Corporate Social Responsibility and DEI Programs under the pillars of community, education, and sustainability.
As the champion for DEI at Braze and within our network, this person will play a critical role in strengthening, building and further executing our DEI strategy across all facets of the employee lifecycle. This person should be proficient with data, use insights to align cross-functional teams and build DEI programs. Braze is proud to be a founding member of Tech for Black Founders, an initiative aimed to create an ecosystem that provides the resources and technology to empower Black-founded businesses and level the playing field for underserved founders. Braze also has a highly engaged employee base with seven active employee resource groups and has signed more than 20 Amicus Briefs and political action letters over the past four years.
The DEI program will be funded by Braze in addition to our Pledge 1% donor-advised fund, in which Braze will donate 1% of equity over the next 10 years. This role will report to the Vice President of Social Impact (directly reporting to our CEO).
- Work with VP of Social Impact to define how Braze’s global DEI strategy aligns with our business objectives and how DEI is implemented at the department and individual levels
- Oversee and manage DEI programs at Braze in close coordination with various departments and leaders
- Gather, analyze and leverage data to track effectiveness of inclusion initiatives and and identify growth opportunities with the Growth and People teams
- Partner with the People team to enrich our recruitment, retention and employee development strategies, including training, performance and career development solutions for managers and employees
- Regularly communicate internal and external diversity and engagement initiatives, events and progress
- Network and build relationships with professional and educational organizations and underrepresented groups
- Stay current on DEI programs, research, and developments
WHO YOU ARE
The ideal candidate is someone who has experience building and implementing DEI programs, has strong project management skills and is able to collaborate with a wide variety of departments, leadership teams, and third-party vendors as needed. We are looking for someone with a track record of being a change agent within their current or previous organizations, assessing gaps and measuring progress with a passion to promote meaningful, long-lasting change.
- Proven experience building and implementing successful DEI programs
- Track record of working cross-functionally across the organization to oversee and manage projects to complete
- Experience translating data and analytics to develop insights, telling stories, driving decisions and measuring impact
- Ability to build or source training and programming that supplements an inclusive approach
- High EQ and interpersonal skills with experience developing relationships with peers and leaders across an organization
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal communications skills
- Strong attention to detail and have exceptional project management and organizational skills
WHAT WE OFFER
From comprehensive benefits to remote availability to flexible time off, we’ve got you covered so you can prioritize work-life harmony.
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Global presence, dog-friendly offices, and remote availability
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”) which comes into effect January 1, 2023, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.