WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, hundreds of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 3 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Cross-Channel Campaign Management (Independent Platforms), Q3 2021, and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for the fourth consecutive year. The company has also been selected as one of Fortune’s Best Workplace for Millennials in 2021, and was ranked #20 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplaces in 2021. Braze is certified as a Great Place to Work in the UK and the U.S. and is recognized as one of the UK's Best Workplaces for Women.
Braze is looking for an exceptional Counsel to join our dynamic and rapidly growing legal team in our London office. You will report to the Senior Corporate Counsel based in London and will draft and negotiate complex commercial contracts, including software-as-a-service (“SaaS”) master subscription agreements and data processing addenda. You will also have the opportunity to work on a variety of other legal issues as the team touches upon corporate, IP, employment, dispute, marketing, supplier terms, and other, however the role is primarily focused on handling commercial transactions and interactions with sales, prospects and customers.
While based in the UK, the scope of the role will require interacting with teams in all our offices globally. You will need to effectively collaborate with colleagues around the company to solve intricate problems.
This is a great opportunity for a lawyer to join a leading technology company that is growing quickly and scaling wisely. We’re looking for an enthusiastic individual, team-player, quick thinker, ready to roll up his/her sleeves and get going! And finally, we are seeking someone who will care deeply about the employee experience and is able to enjoy and contribute to fostering a positive work culture.
What we are Looking for:
The successful candidate will:
- Have a law degree and preferably be qualified to work as a lawyer in the UK or EU
- Have at least 3 years of work experience, ideally in tech.
- Have experience in contract negotiation and/or commercial law.
- Be familiar with topics such as data privacy (including GDPR) and information security.
- Have or be willing to obtain a privacy certification, such as the CIPP/E.
- Tech industry and/or in-house experience supporting sales teams preferred.
- Be detail-oriented.
- Have excellent negotiation, drafting, analytical and communication skills.
- Have sound judgment to interpret complicated matters and work with key stakeholders towards resolution.
- Be passionate about understanding the tech world.
- Be motivated and hard working.
- Have a fantastic sense of humour.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.