Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading, comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands like Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns, and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies. And we do it at scale – last fiscal year our customers used Braze to send approximately 1.5 trillion messages to billions of monthly active users.
But we’re so much more than our platform. Although we’ve recently grown to a team of over 1,300 people, Braze still buzzes with energy, collaboration, and transparency. We value curiosity, individuality, and tenacity—as part of the team, you’ll be encouraged to take your seat at the table and create your own destiny. Our values are inspired by our employees, which means Braze is a place where you can truly be yourself. We're growing, with a focus on building for the long term under tenured leadership and continuing to evolve for the better.
Need more proof? Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S. and the UK. In 2022, Braze ranked #1 on Fortune’s Best Small and Medium Workplace in New York, #5 on Fortune’s Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US, and #11 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplace for Women in the UK.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Tokyo, and Toronto.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for a multifaceted, hands-on Art Director to work across a variety of mediums including one sheets, infographics, slides, motion graphics, videos, sites and more. This role will be the lead collaborator with our Customer and Partner Education team, overseeing the design development of content that prioritize learning outcomes and drive product adoption. Major projects this year will include a redesign of the Education website and a LMS platform.You will have a leadership role and partner with cross-discipline teams to activate the Braze brand standards across educational and marketing content.
PLEASE NOTE: ONLINE PORTFOLIO REQUIRED
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Bring creativity, attention to detail and efficiency while working under tight deadlines and multiple projects simultaneously.
- Lead team members throughout the creative process from concept to production.
- Conceptualize visual design solutions that maintain the consistency of the Braze brand across channels.
- Effectively coordinate and maintain relationships with outside vendors, freelancers and printers.
- Mentor and/or manage junior staff
- Be enthusiastic, proactive and eager to learn new skills
- Collaborate to help elevate the quality and production level of the work coming out of the creative team.
- Define the development of the creative team's culture and quality standards
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with team, and leadership.
- Collaborate with instructional designers to develop visual strategies for communicating learning content
- Develop brand guidelines which allow the Customer and Partner education team to operate with agility and independence on more standardized content creation.
- Consult with Curriculum Development team on best practices for visual communication of complex ideas across mediums
- Help to build a Braze Education design system that supports consistency and efficiency across education content
- Help to build templates that drive adoption of the design system for slides, videos, motion graphics, and websites.
WHO YOU ARE
- 5+ years of professional design experience
- BFA/BA in Graphic Design, Communication Design, or related field
- You have a passion for designing experiences to cater to different learning modalities.
- Strong advocate for accessibility through design
- Possess a strong online portfolio that demonstrates versatility and a broad range of design knowledge and skills
- Expertise of industry tools (Figma, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and AfterEffects)
- Knowledge of HTML, Keynote, Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro.
- Knowledgeable of website and mobile UI design fundamentals, including responsive best practices
- Experience working with developers and communicating design specifications
- Experience creating print materials for press and content-heavy collateral
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple projects
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to juggle multiple, demanding tasks simultaneously and with accuracy
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Experience with creating assets for educational experiences
- Experience with photo and/or video shoot production
- Ability to illustrate abstract concepts.
WHAT WE OFFER
From comprehensive benefits to remote availability to flexible time off, we’ve got you covered so you can prioritize work-life harmony.
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Global presence, dog-friendly offices, and remote availability
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”) which comes into effect January 1, 2023, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.