By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers 100,000+ businesses, including many top Fortune 500 companies who trust our secure collaboration platform to manage the entire content lifecycle.
- Tax Provision
- Assist in the gathering and preparation of the company's income tax provision
- Track and reconcile federal and state tax accounts and payments to Netsuite for quarterly tax provisions, and other external reporting processes to ensure integrity and accuracy
- Tax Compliance
- Assist with the preparation of compliance work papers and review of the federal and state income tax returns, estimated tax payments, and extensions
- Utilize process streams, including current developments, to accurately and timely satisfy indirect federal, state, city and franchise tax return reporting responsibilities
- Tax Projects
- Assist in updating of quarterly transfer pricing calculation and global transfer pricing documentation preparation
- Cross functional project management of tax projects and involvement in ad-hoc technical accounting initiatives with tax impact
- Research of international tax issues as it relates to Box’s business
- Support the monthly close and ensure that it is completed correctly and timely
- Respond to one-off customer questions along with the Billing team
- Tax Audits
- Manage state and federal income tax audits, as necessary, and interact with external agencies such as Internal Revenue Service with respect to assigned responsibilities
- Maintenance of audit ready work papers and maintain SOX controls and processes for tax
- This role supports our West Coast, UK, and Japan teams. It is required that you to work within the CST/MST timezone as UK calls will be early morning & Japan calls will be evening.
- 2+ years of overall experience, indirect tax knowledge a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Tax or related field. CPA and Big 4 experience a plus
- Demonstrate a good understanding and willingness to learn US and International tax concepts. SALT knowledge a plus
- Working knowledge of OneSource, NetSuite, and Avalara
- Tax research and writing skills, knowledge of Checkpoint a plus
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to collaborate and work with a diverse team across functional and business boundaries
- Strong analytical skills with extreme attention to detail
- Visit this webpage to check out all of our exciting healthcare benefits: https://join.collectivehealth.com/box
- For all other benefits, please check out: Box Benefits + Perks
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, and any other protected ground of discrimination under applicable human rights legislation.Box strives to respect the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and is committed to giving them the same opportunity to succeed as all other employees. Inclusiveness is core to our culture at Box, and we strive to ensure you get the most from your interview experience.
Box makes reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. If a reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please complete this form Reasonable accommodations may include scheduling adjustments, document dictation and beyond.
Box is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. Actual base salary is dependent upon factors such as: knowledge, skill level, experience, and work location. This role is also eligible for equity and benefits. For more information on benefits, check out our healthcare benefits and additional Box Benefits + Perks.