CGI Group, Inc.
- Full Time
If you love finding innovative solutions to improve complex systems, there’s a digital revolution underway in the UK, and it needs your help.
From public service transformation to cutting-edge commercial projects, our work has a wide reach, helping make the everyday easier, for everyone. When you start your CGI story, not only will you be improving people’s lives, you can be sure we’ll do the same for you.
And the even better news? Our friendly team will keep you inspired and will support you to do what you do best, better.
The Infrastructure Architect role bridges the gap between the Solution Architect, development team, business team and project management. The Infrastructure Architect role will define, validate and promote the right Infrastructure for a bid, a deal or a project. You will report into the account CTO and the Delivery Director, with specific responsible for delivering Growth and Change activity on the Account.
This role demands the candidate to have strong planning, communication and presentation skills, the capability to identify solutions and be proficient in technology transformation projects and the production of project proposals.
Specifically the Infrastructure Architect is able to build logical models of networks, infrastructure components and interfaces, to contribute to the development of infrastructure architectures in specific business or functional areas. These models will reflect the Infrastructure architecture views and can be mapped to the solution architecture. As Infrastructure Design Architect you will produce detailed component specifications and translates these into detailed designs for implementation using selected products.
You will define, validate and promote the good infrastructure for a bid, a deal or a project (in a project scope / a dedicated scope within a programme) within our team and to the customer.
You will also assist in the preparation of technical plans, change governance and estimation from many sources to support the full project life-cycle.
You will have broad knowledge within all areas of infrastructure, public cloud, Linux, Wintel, SAN, Networks. Experience and awareness of Oracle, Azure, and IaC technologies, such as Terraform and Ansible would be advantageous.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The role of the Infrastructure Architect is to:
• Act as the focus of an Infrastructure Team developing Infrastructure solutions, contributing general technical knowledge and experience.
• Set and manage stakeholder expectations regarding infrastructure.
• Assess current and emergent technology, giving advice on price and performance.
• Develop relationships with infrastructure product vendors.
• Align the technology with the business and customer goals, identifying benefits and risk mitigation approaches associated with the proposed solution.
• Apply appropriate technical standards.
• Ensure infrastructure risks are managed, in particular non-functional requirements, including availability, scalability and performance.
• Support formal and informal technical reviews to assure quality of the infrastructure solution design.
• Own the list of infrastructure concerns, architectural decisions and contributes to the technical risk register.
• Coordinate plans and actions with project managers in Waterfall and Agile methodologies to make best use of available resources, including specialists such as service architects.
• Own collated infrastructure effort estimates and costs from teams, subcontractors and suppliers for one or more subsystems.
• Support the development of team members by knowledge sharing and mentoring.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Ideally you will have experience on working with public and private cloud (IaaS, PaaS and SaaS) and platforms (Linux/Windows)
• Broad knowledge of Infrastructure and Cloud Architecture such as Cloud provisioning and orchestration, Servers (Linux and Wintel), backups, storage, networks, databases & containerisation
The candidate requires:
• Experience of a wide range of enterprise technologies
• The ability to create solutions for complex work requests
• Strong organisational skills; keep track of multiple, complex time-critical activities; attention to detail
• The ability to work effectively with remote and virtual teams
• The ability to work with technical and business stakeholders
- Infrastructure architecture
- Requirements Analysis
- Security Architecture
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners, and, as owners, we enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today-one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where everyone belongs, and we collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal opportunity employer, we empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI-where your ideas and actions make a difference.