- Full Time
Smart Rain was started in 2012 with one goal in mind. Add Value. From the very beginning the mission to help our customers save water, save money, and save time has been at the core of our business. Starting out as a water management company our company has a rich and in-depth understanding of irrigation management and all that goes into those services. Today the company is truly a tech company with roots deep in the water management service business. Our customers whether it be property ownership, property manager, water manager or landscape manager have come to love the ‘Value Add’ mentality that our company has fostered. Helping to save our customers over 1 billion in fresh water, $3 million on water bills, and over 100 thousand hours, these stats stand as a living testament to our ethos – Add Value
Smart Rain a leader in smart irrigation controller technology is looking for a Firmware Engineer to support its current product line of commercial smart controllers. The Firmware Engineer will be leading the hardware engineering and manufacturing partners. As well as support and provide firmware design, enhancements, and new products. Work is performed in Salt Lake City, Utah. You will not only be overseeing the development of hardware and firmware, but also the project management of a team of software developers.
Firmware Engineer Requirements
- BS in Engineering or Computer Science with 2 years of related professional experience OR less experience with a Master’s in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science.
- Leadership skills in running or leading a prior team is a plus.
- Experience in or aptitude towards project management.
- Experience in FPGA definition, design, debug, and test.
- Experience in implementing and testing Digital Signal Processing (DSP) modules and related algorithms.
- FPGA simulation experience using Object-orientated Programming.
- Prior experience in support of synthesis and place and route.
- Prior experience in support of verification plan execution and approaches to support development
- Strong C programming skills (this is what our code is written in)
- Strong interest in embedded systems and software with preference given to those with current experience.
- Knowledge of Linux/Free RTOS with the ability to modify, design and develop device drivers for hardware components.
- Self-starter, with strong ability to debug and troubleshoot.
- Organized and quality communicator. This means effectively collaborate with other computer specialists, mechanical and electrical teams to create optimum software and take ownership of tasks.
- Ability to fluidly document every aspect of an application or a system as a reference for future maintenance and upgrades. Example: create a variety of models and diagrams (such as flowcharts) that relay concepts of programming intention.
- Azure integration and networking skills.
Firmware Engineer Responsibilities
- Motivated firmware engineer to help join and lead our team on future projects around our smart irrigation solution that helps reduce commercial water usage.
- Participate on small multi-discipline teams to achieve project goals.
- Develop verification plans to support development.
- Support technical reviews and be able to present to internal and external teams.
- Analyze existing project needs and then design, test, re-test and develop software to meet those needs. Ensure that the program continues to function normally through software maintenance and testing. Plan revisions and updates to existing in place code, test and execute release. Design each piece of an application or a system and plan how the pieces will work together with existing SaaS. Recommend software upgrades for projects’ existing programs and systems.
- Work with product owners and project managers in Agile/Scrum environment.
Firmware Engineer Rewards
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans with company contributions (HDHP, PPO)
- HSA with company contribution
- Basic Life Insurance, company paid
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Accident and Critical Illness voluntary insurance
- Flexible time off
- Market-based compensation based on experience, skill level, and personal abilities
- Rapidly growing company providing opportunities to make a difference and experience personal growth and career development
- An entrepreneurial, do what it takes, team atmosphere where people enjoy their jobs