- Full Time
Job Description: Cloud Architect Location – UK RemoteEverything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people and our community. Our mission and our values guide the way we do business. The foundation of our Leidos culture is our Values, Beliefs and Expectations by which we select, recognise and reward employees. They create the environment that drives us toward our mission.Inspired to make a difference, we are committed to solving the world’s toughest problems.Passionate about customer success by being determined to understand and respond to our customers’ needs as if they were our own.United as a team, we are bound together by our conviction that ethics and integrity is core to how we operate.This is a mobile role and, hence, may be required to work for short periods in any location in the UK as proposal or programme requires.Pre-existing security clearance may be beneficial but is not a requirement.The successful candidate will be primarily supporting bids and proposals to support Leidos in our exciting growth campaigns, potentially with government departments such as DEFRA, MoJ, HMRC, MoD, DfT; Scottish Government or NATS, depending on specific skillsets and background.The role:
- Leverage your extensive experience to architect cloud infrastructure systems in proposals and/or programme deliveries
- Work with Solution, Software and Cyber Architects to build complete software and cloud solutions for complex problems of national significance
- Define cloud architectures through collaborative approaches and technically lead the implementation with delivery teams.
- Work with a wide range of senior engineers in the UK and US to build best of breed safety and security critical solutions.
- Have direct collaboration with leading technology suppliers, AWS, Google, Microsoft, Atlassian, Hashicorp.
Required skills and experience:
- Highly technical and analytical, possessing extensive years of IT design and implementation experience;
- Expert level infrastructure systems experience, including server, storage, network and applications;
- ·A deep understanding of system development in cloud environments (either AWS or Azure, preferably both), including hybrid, Software as Service (SaaS), Platform as Service (PaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS);
- Strong experience of integrating Cloud native services with third party products to build cost effective, robust, innovative solutions for a customer.
- Good understanding of containers and container orchestration;
- Strong understanding of architectural patterns and operational characteristics of highly available and scalable applications;
- Experience of architecting for DevOps and SRE environments, scripting and automation (everything as code), with a good understanding of Terraform, Ansible, PowerShell, JSON, Python and knowledge of Jenkins or similar;
- Strong time management skills and project management experience;
- Strong communication and report writing skills and proficiency in appropriate business language and the ability to present ideas effectively;;
- Strong business/industry awareness and experience of bid / proposal writing an advantage;
- Ability to adapt effectively to changing and challenging circumstances;
- Understanding change management and demonstrate knowledge of business analysis.
Additional beneficial skills and experience:
- AWS / Azure architecture certifications preferred
- Experience working for government customers
- Excellent customer-facing skills, both written and verbal
What we do for you:At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
• Dynamic Working Commitment to Diversity:We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive ; We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for ; If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.Who We Are: Leidos UK & EUROPE – we work to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering and science.Leidos is agrowing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.What Makes Us Different: Purpose: you can use your passion and abilities at Leidos to keep the people you care about safe. We are at the forefront of machine learning, AI, cyber security and solutions. Using your skills in the technology frontline by helping to build a safer ; You can inspire change.Collaboration: having flexibility to do your job is one of our core benefits, enabling you to become part of our extraordinary ; We have been empowering our people to work flexibly for ; Whether you work from home, the office or on customer sites, we will give you the digital tools and the flexibility to work smarter and align your needs and ; People: Leidos empowers people from every background to be themselves and gives you the tools to learn new skills by enabling growth whilst developing. We believe that extraordinary people need opportunities to grow, to be inspired and to inspire others. At Leidos, we invest in technical academies, career rotations and a career development plans that enhance your future.Pay Range:The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.#Remote