We are looking for an experienced digital marketing manager to join our team at Pressable. This role will be a catalyst for accelerating our marketing-led growth and raising our profile as the managed WordPress host of choice.
In this role, we’re looking for a marketing expert, WordPress enthusiast, and master of efficiency – someone with strong execution skills who can define and execute our marketing strategy in alignment with our business goals.
This position is a great fit for someone with a well-rounded marketing toolkit who is passionate about brand advocacy, content marketing, community engagement, and helping web creators to succeed and grow their businesses. If you have experience working with agencies, developers, and freelancers, we want to talk to you!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- You will create relevant, engaging written and visual content to grow brand awareness and drive acquisition via owned and earned channels. This may include web copy, emails, landing pages, blog articles, case studies, sales materials, product videos, white papers, webinars, and more
- You will inform and maintain our brand story, tone, and voice consistency across all channels and touchpoints
- You will manage the marketing calendar for all content and social efforts
- You will develop and implement social media communications that align with our overall marketing strategy
- You will work with our partners to develop and drive organic search strategies across search engines, identifying both short and long-term growth opportunities and managing the activities therein
- You will support paid marketing efforts via asset production, ad copy, keyword research, landing page creation, and budget management
- You will drive measurable impact in conversion and sign-up rates through funnel optimization, testing, and experimentation
- You will create automated email campaigns and nurture sequences in Mailchimp, testing and adjusting as needed to increase engagement and conversions
- You will collaborate with our team to drive digital marketing strategy across acquisition, retention, and other critical areas
- You will track, measure, analyze, and provide detailed reporting on the impact of our marketing efforts, detailing what’s working, what isn’t, and recommending iterations and new tests
- Have a solid understanding of digital marketing concepts, channels, strategies, and related data
- Are customer-centric with a natural curiosity about who our customers are, how they use our product, and how we should be talking to others like them
- Can demonstrate excellent writing skills and the ability to distill sophisticated, technical concepts into concise, interesting copy
- Can point to examples of successful marketing campaigns or strategies you led
- Can also point to examples of failed campaigns or strategies because you’ve taken calculated risks and know how to learn from what doesn’t work
- Are comfortable analyzing performance data to measure success and drive optimization of campaigns
- Are a robust, proactive communicator with a variety of audiences
- Are organized and understand how to prioritize opportunities
- Are self-sufficient and can get started with minimal direction
- Thrive in a startup environment and enjoy wearing multiple hats as needed
- Want to work in a remote-first culture that prioritizes results instead of time spent sitting in meetings
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE
- An understanding of the incredible products and tools within the Automattic portfolio
- A website / coding background – HTML, CSS, WordPress plugins, etc.
- An eye for design, and better still, some design chops
- Your own blog or online presence
- A favorite Wapuu from a WordCamp or other WordPress event
- Comfort being in front of the camera for demos, live Q&As, social ads, etc.
- A collection of favorite gifs and a love of emojis
HOW TO APPLY
Have hosting experience? We want to hear about it. Successfully marketed to agencies? We’re interested. Don’t meet all of the qualifications but have a fire in your belly for awesome WordPress services? Let’s talk about it!
Please make sure you tell us in your cover letter why you’re interested in working with us at Pressable.
We’re a distributed company with more than 2000 Automatticians in 96 countries speaking 120+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.