ABOUT US & THE ROLE:
We're looking for a key member of the sales team responsible for converting prospects into customers by selling WordPress hosting services to new and existing accounts using a consultative, solution sales approach. The role requires someone that has experience in assisting prospects, establishing, fostering, and maintaining relationships with both highly technical and leadership level contacts. Those relationships should uncover opportunities to deploy Pressable through inbound business development and lead generation.
The Sales Account Exec reports to the Head of Sales & Enablement. Essentially, you’ll align customers with the right product and terms to ensure long term success. You'll conduct consultations and follow up with customers to ensure they purchase products and services that meet their needs. Your mentoring and advising on Pressable's outstanding WordPress hosting solutions will lead to attaining and exceeding our team’s sales goals.
This is the right role for you if you have the ability to 'think on your feet' in order to creatively propose plans that solve our customers' business needs. This requires industry knowledge alongside outstanding and persuasive interpersonal skills.
Pressable is a new breed of technology company: one-part WordPress managed Hosting and one-part services innovation empowering small agencies to giant clients to scale their business on the WordPress platform. Pressable’ s platform improves WordPress with developer tools, cloud management, security, and analytics, so that companies can build and deploy their digital experiences faster than ever.
Pressable is owned by Automattic, Inc. the brand behind Wordpress.com, WooCommerce, Jetpack, Crowdsignal, WordPress VIP and many others. Founded in 2010, Pressable follows Automattic’s distributed team model with employees all over the world. We engage the most forward-thinking minds regardless of location and give them the best resources to perform the finest work of their careers.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Work with both inbound leads as well as generating outbound leads to achieve a monthly lead quota.
- Properly research and catalog contact, account and opportunity information.
- Expand relationships with prospects and clients, allowing them to understand our full advantage of our WordPress solutions.
- Work as part of a selling team with a focus on the full sales cycle.
- You can use effective sales techniques to uncover those customer needs that can be addressed through our solutions.
- You can articulate the benefits of using our solutions to prospective customers across a broad array of industries.
- You can achieve or exceed monthly quotas of qualified opportunities.
Experience you’ll need:
- At least 2 years of direct sales experience in the technology sector (Website Hosting sales experience and WordPress knowledge is a huge plus!) with a successful track record of meeting or exceeding assigned individual quota.
- Experience generating, qualifying and executing on subscription sales strategies to achieve revenue targets.
- Build trusted and long-lasting relationships with multiple customer executives to position Pressable as an industry leader.
- A deep understanding of business practices, industry trends, and competitors to each sales cycle.
- Build an effective pipeline while communicating with leadership throughout each phase of the sales process.
- Effectively articulate ROI in the negotiation process to bring the utmost value to both the customer and Pressable.
- Experience working with Salesforce.com or other CRM applications is required.
Skills you’ll need:
- Outstanding Verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to articulate a vision that resonates with our customers and demonstrates value.
- Ability to communicate software product features, and sales strategy effectively to both technical and non-technical teams.
- Use two-way discovery to uncover customer needs and match solutions to that need.
- Naturally multifaceted, hungry, and drive business development within your territory.
- High attention to detail and experience leading multiple, contending priorities simultaneously.
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to push things over the finish line!
Diversity & inclusion at Pressable
Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at Pressable. We want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups, and we require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams.
We may invite applicants to complete a limited-time paid trial as part of the hiring process. A trial is a shared opportunity for our team and the applicant to get experience working together to see if we’re the right fit.
Perks & benefits of joining Pressable
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- Matching 401(k)
- Life Insurance
- Work from home
- Open vacation policy (no set number of days per year).
- Home office setup
- Hardware and software, books or conferences that promote continued learning
- Open parental leave
We’re a distributed company with more than 2000 Automatticians in 96 countries speaking 120+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.