500 million blogs. 10 million posts a day. And a decade spent building an alternative to the status quo. Part social network, part blogging platform, full hellsite, this is Tumblr — and we’re proud to be one of the few places where internet creators can build their homes, share their work and connect with their audiences through what they love — not who they know.
Our mission: to advance the world’s subcultures that make the internet a more inclusive, interesting and weird place… and we’re now a startup again (under Automattic!) with the curiosity and energy to remake our platform with tomorrow’s creators in mind.
About This Role
We’re looking for a Performance Marketing Manager to join our Growth Marketing team. This role will be focused on defining and deploying Tumblr's performance marketing efforts with the ultimate goal of driving user growth and engagement.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Lead the setup and execution of successful marketing campaigns for Tumblr, owning all aspects of campaign set up, optimization, troubleshooting, and reporting, with a sustained focus on efficiency and scalability
- Experience with testing and optimizations throughout the customer journey (e.g., ad creative, ad placement, conversion forms, post-conversion relationship, A/B and multivariate testing, etc).
- Experience with measurement approaches (e.g., attribution), ad operations fundamentals, data/targeting vendors, and the media landscape.
We want you to succeed with us! Here’s what you’ll need to do that:
- Experience in ad operations, trafficking, demand management and/or data analytics.
- Experience with A/B testing, incrementality and marketing effectiveness measurement methodologies and technologies.
- Experience with direct response and brand marketing, data and technology solutions, advertising technology, and/or advertising partnerships.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills; ability to use data to drive action.
- Excellent program management skills with excellent attention to detail.
How to Apply
You’re still reading, good. If you think that might be you, be hasty, and click the Apply button below (ya, duh). We like letters, so you’ll need to write us a cover letter. It’s your golden ticket to being considered.
Tell us who you are. Let us know what you can contribute to the team. Proofread, please (we like grammar, and you should, too). Make sure you spell and capitalize our mom and dad companies properly. We get a lot of mail when we’re hiring, which is really cool, but it also means your application needs to stand out.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1800 Automatticians in 90+ countries speaking 90+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.