WordPress VIP and Parse.ly are part of the Automattic family of brands. Together, we help the world's largest companies (including Facebook, Salesforce, and Disney) create innovative digital experiences with WordPress.
Our sales team is driving some of the most exciting programs across the business, and we're looking for a results-oriented Business Development Rep to join us. This is a high-growth role designed to develop and launch people into a successful sales career in the tech industry.
- Executing outbound call and email campaigns to prospective clients to set sales meetings.
- Following up on inbound leads from marketing campaigns to build new opportunities for sales.
- Leading discovery calls with prospects to assess potential fit, diagnose needs, and prescribe solutions.
- Effectively qualifying and building value with leads to generate strong pipeline.
- Proactively prospecting for new accounts and contacts that would be ideal potential customers.
- Balancing time efficiently between prospecting, outreach, and running discovery calls.
- Staying organized and maintaining operational excellence – attention to detail is critical.
- Consistently hitting or exceeding daily activity and monthly meeting targets.
- Providing recommendations and strategic insight to the leadership team.
- Have a strong interest in a sales career.
- Are highly socially intelligent; easily able to understand, empathize and connect with people.
- Love solving problems and discovering opportunities to help people succeed.
- Thrive in a goal-oriented and high-growth environment that achieves results.
- Value being part of an agile team and having a clear impact on the business.
We’re excited about you because you:
- Are new to tech sales but eager to learn and build your career.
- Are highly productive in a work from home environment.
- Are confident conducting cold calls and facing objections.
- Are empathetic and know that active listening is the key to becoming a great seller.
- Welcome adversity because it will drive you to work toward the results you know you can attain.
- You’re motivated by your goal, by the team, and through your pursuit to always be better.
- Are relentlessly hardworking and gritty – this is really all it takes to be a successful BDR, we’ll teach you the rest!
Why you’ll love working at WordPress VIP:
- Employee-first mindset that carries over to the culture and compensation.
- Competitive base salary + commission, stellar benefits.
- Professional development opportunities. We promote from within!
- We happily provide or reimburse hardware and software you’ll need, as well as home office needs, and resources that promote continued learning.
- Open vacation policy (no set number of days per year). We encourage all employees to take the time they need for vacation, to pursue their own interests, to stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family.
- Open parental leave (includes maternity, paternity, and adoption). If you’ve been with Automattic for 12 months, your leave is fully paid.
- WordPress-branded laptop at your four-year anniversary. A spiffy set of wireless headphones at your seven-year anniversary.
- Paid two to three-month sabbatical is encouraged every five years.
- We cover all costs of company travel, so dust off that passport! Your team will get together one to three times per year in locations around the globe.
- Other benefits are country-specific, and include health, vision, and dental insurance; matching retirement/pension contributions; childcare vouchers; income protection; travel insurance; and discount offers.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1800 Automatticians in 90+ countries speaking 90+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.