Tumblr launched in 2007 with the belief that people need a place to say what they want, be who they want, and connect over what they love. We continue to build out Tumblr as a platform for free expression, individuality, and human connection. That’s why we need intelligent, low ego, funny people to keep Tumblr growing. We’re big enough to give you the resources you need and still small enough that you can work on things that matter. Come work with us.
Tumblr is looking for an Entertainment Senior Brand Partner, Entertainment to join our newly re-established direct sales team.
As Senior Brand Partner, Entertainment, you will leverage agency and client direct relationships to identify new buyers of Tumblr advertising products, educating them on Tumblr and the full suite of Tumblr advertising and sponsorship opportunities. As an early member of our growing Los Angeles team, you will also be a critical part of crafting our story, shaping our culture, strategy, and product roadmap.
- Prospect, qualify and close new advertising campaigns for Tumblr from the Fortune 500 and their agencies.
- Provide outstanding consultative sales solutions, leading to effective campaigns, meaningful results, and renewals/ up-sells that drive revenue growth.
- Build and lead all aspects of and maintain an active sales pipeline through active outreach, networking, and thought leadership.
- Persuasively communicate the Tumblr story and value proposition to both advertisers and brands looking to interact directly with our community to insure that they provide a user experience that respects and delights Tumblr’s audience.
- Provide thought leadership and act as a Tumblr evangelist at industry events, online, and in-market.
- Mentor new team members as our organization grows through direct support and as a personal example.
- Help shape Tumblr's native ads product roadmap, for mobile and in general, by aggregating and sharing client feedback and campaign metrics with cross-functional stakeholders.
- 3-5+ years of experience in online media sales, working with Media and Entertainment companies and advertising agencies;
- Proven experience engaging with senior executives on their marketing strategy;
- Deep relationships within the film studios, television networks and streaming companies on both client direct and agency side;
- Subject matter expertise in the social media, branded content, and native advertising landscape;
- User and community-first orientation;
- Demonstrated high achievement against sales targets;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Passion and patience for building.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1800 Automatticians in [automattic-country-count] countries speaking 90+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.