- Full Time
Awesome tech is made by awesome people. And we’re always looking for new team members who bring the energy, passion, commitment, and collaboration that has made Auth0 the great company it is today.
So what do we exactly build? Auth0 is an authentication and authorization platform designed by developers for developers. Basically, we make companies’ login boxes safe, secure, and seamless for anyone logging in. Our mission is to secure the world’s identities so innovators can innovate. But it’s a big mission that requires a lot of teamwork.
Words, code, or people, whatever your skill, there’s a place for you here
Come be part of an exciting opportunity to scale the impact of Auth0 Developer Relations! We’re looking for an experienced Manager, Developer Relations AMER with a strong developer background to grow and lead a distributed team of Developer Advocates, build and implement a regional developer relations strategy, grow community advocacy programs, and collaborate cross-functionally across many teams, including Technical Content, Developer Marketing Media, Brand, Product Marketing, Developer Experience Engineering, and more.
The team is distributed across the Americas and this role would be responsible for developer relations strategy in that region, including events, sponsorships, and community advocacy programs.
This role can be based in our Bellevue, WA office or from a remote home office anywhere in North America.
What you will do:
- Lead, manage, and coach a distributed team of Developer Advocates with a high level of empathy
- Grow a diverse and inclusive team in key areas of AMER as determined by internal and external data and strategy
- Create and implement a regional developer relations strategy for speaking, sponsorships, and developer programs
- Empower the team to build and ship content (such as conference talks, videos, and articles) that serves developers online and in-person
- Collaborate with the manager of international DevRel and the international developer advocates on global initiatives
- Work with Developer Experience Engineering to help improve open source libraries and SDKs, incorporate community feedback, and create new developer resources
- Work with Product Marketing, Product Management, and Product Engineering to help the team provide product expertise and guidance to the developer community
- Collaborate on developer campaigns with Marketing teams such as Brand, Global Events, Product Marketing, and more
- Collaborate with Growth Marketing and Self-Service teams to improve the self-service developer flow
- Establish metrics and Key Performance Indicators around the community and business impact of the Developer Relations AMER team
- Nurture and scale community advocacy programs
What you will bring:
- Five plus years of combined experience in software development, developer advocacy (events and content), and leading teams
- At least one year of experience managing distributed remote teams in professional or volunteer based organizations
- Understanding of the business impact of developer relations
- Strong verbal, written, and public presentation skills
- Capable of performing as a compelling storyteller who can engage and educate the developer community
- Proven ability to influence and work cross-functionally
- Ability to travel occasionally (up to 20% of the time when it’s safe to do so)
- Experience in identity (authentication, authorization, access management, open standards) preferred but not required
Auth0 makes the internet safer by safeguarding billions of login transactions each month.
Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles. We practice N+1>N which applies to everything from our people to how we iterate our tech; we believe in one team, one score; and we give a shit about everything we do.
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply unless they meet all the job criteria. We aren’t looking for someone who ticks every single box on a page; we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences. If you think you’d be a great fit, then please get in touch to tell us about yourself.
Auth0, recently acquired by Okta, is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.