Become a digital, global citizen and enable the new generation of digital entrepreneurs around the world. AppDirect offers a subscription commerce platform to sell any product, through any channel, on any device – as a service. We power millions of subscriptions worldwide for organizations. We do this by our values-driven culture—one that enables you to Be Seen, Be Yourself, and Do Your Best Work.
AppDirect is seeking a high-performing and detail-oriented Revenue Accountant to join the accounting team. In this role, you will report to the Revenue Manager and will work cross-functionally with Sales, Legal, and Finance Business Partners, among other stakeholders providing guidance for large Enterprise contracts.
This position will review contracts for revenue recognition impact and will maintain the revenue waterfalls, ensuring that revenue is recorded appropriately in accordance with ASC 606. This position will also perform the monthly and year-end close procedures for revenue, which include preparing reconciliations for deferred revenue and other accounts, preparing required reserves and adjustments, and preparing reports for auditors and executives as necessary.
The Staff Revenue Accountant will participate in special projects when revenue recognition expertise is needed. Additionally, the role will provide ample opportunities to improve knowledge of key revenue accounting guidance and collaborate directly with the revenue manager to ensure revenue is recognized appropriately.
What you’ll do and how you’ll have an impact:
- Perform month-end close tasks associated with revenue recognition, including the preparation of SaaS revenue waterfalls, deferred revenue reconciliations, validating revenue and deferred revenue, and the posting of monthly revenue journal entries, as required;
- Assist the revenue manager with the review of nonstandard revenue contracts collaborating cross functionally with legal, sales and professional services teams on key contract negotiations.
- Work with the revenue manager to improve current revenue processes and ensure documentation of our processes is maintained and improved to provide adequate internal financial controls.
- Assist with the calculation of ARR (Annual Recurring Revenue); a key metric provided to investors and senior leadership.
- Work actively with external auditors preparing support and ensuring that all revenue deliverables are met;
- Assist Revenue Manager with ad hoc and business-critical revenue accounting projects and presentations made to senior leadership on revenue accounting
What we’re looking for:
- 2+ years of relevant accounting experience;
- CPA preferred but not required;
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance;
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and comfortable with very large data sets; additionally familiar with key excel functions such as VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, SUMIFS, IFERROR etc.
- Experience with SaaS and Professional Service revenue concepts under ASC 606 – Revenue from Contracts with Customers and willingness to learn new accounting guidance
- Knowledge of US GAAP;
- Excellent attention to detail and strong quantitative and analytical skills;
- Positive, can-do attitude and willingness to learn to learn new accounting guidance and take on new projects to further the goals of the business;
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks, establish appropriate priorities, and meet deadlines;
At AppDirect, we believe that innovation thrives in an environment that houses diversity of excellence, experience and thought. We respect each AppDirector as their own fingerprint; unique with no one alike. We foster an environment of inclusion without regard to race, religion, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity enabling AppDirectors to embrace their uniqueness to do their best work. As such, we strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.