Become a digital, global citizen and enable the new generation of digital entrepreneurs around the world. AppDirect offers a subscription commerce platform to sell any product, through any channel, on any device – as a service. We power millions of subscriptions worldwide for organizations. We do this by our values-driven culture—one that enables you to Be Seen, Be Yourself, and Do Your Best Work.
The billing services team is responsible for the end to end experience of a subscription billing, order orchestration, pricing & rating, usage mediation, invoicing, payment processing, settlement, and payouts of our customers. It’s our mission to leverage the latest technologies and architectures to provide a highly available, scalable, extensible, and robust platform that our provider can rely on to process a high volume of transactions for enterprise grade billing. Our adoption of a microservice architecture, combined with our cutting edge microservice infrastructure, fosters an efficient on-boarding and growth of our new teams. All of our teams are involved in this critical core engine that drives multiple product lines within AppDirect. Please join us on our journey powering the digital economy!
As a member of the team, you will create, grow, and manage a distributed network of marketplaces and applications. We love entrepreneurial spirit and those who bring experience from established organizations. You are a highly technical, hands-on developer with a passion for producing maintainable and robust code. You will design and develop well-tested software, build mission critical services, and APIs that scale with our increasingly elegant set of features.
What you'll do and how you'll make an impact:
- Lead, support and mentor a team made up of Full Stack Engineers. You will own performance management for your team (i.e. objectives setting, performance reviews and career development) as well as recruitment and overall team management.
- Technically coach engineers by reviewing technical designs and code as well as through technical talks .
- Design, implement, and support scalable fault tolerant systems to minimize customer impact in case of failures.
- Guide team in efforts to support their latest development of micro services in production
- Be a quality, performance and security concern evangelist to your team
- Understand the system end-to-end from front-end and backend to help the team make tradeoff decisions.
- Partner with the Product Manager, Designer, and other Engineering Managers and Tech Leads to collaborate and build one of the best billing services experience anywhere. Clearly communicating any risks with impact and mitigation plans.
- Act as a sounding board and motivator for individual creativity on technical challenges, process efficiencies and everything in between.
What you’ll need/Assets:
- You are a technical leader with a real passion for development and with a strong product sense.
- You know how to wrangle and inspire a team early- to mid-career engineers.
- You thrive when confronted with competing priorities and enjoy being pulled in several directions which makes you flexible, not stressed.
- You have a clear focus on creating value, know the importance of commitment and have great communication skills which help keep those around you keep calm and collected. Deadlines inspire you.
- You respect and aim to have ideas surface from within the team. You don’t bring the answers, you bring the right dynamic that encourages creativity and engagement.
- You have led and developed a variety of profiles ranging from junior to senior. Even when you’re not the most technically senior you still manage to be a valuable and inspiring asset to the team as a whole and to each individual.
- You drive objectives to completion, on time and to plan, and you are a fast learner, capable of picking up new skills as you go.
- Currently code while still being an awesome team lead who enjoys performance management, people development, prioritization etc. All that and coding? Awesome, it’s what we’re aiming for!
- Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 6 – 8 years in Software Development and 1 – 2 years in people management
- Strong understanding of the following concepts and methodologies:
- Data Structure / Algorithms
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- Design Patterns
- Agile Development methodology
- Still have the ability to code in many of the following technologies:
- Core Java & Java Frameworks: Spring Framework / J2EE / Reactor
- MySQL / MongoDB / Cassandra / Redis / Elasticsearch
- Container: Docker / Rkt
- Orchestration: Kubernetes / Mesos / OpenShift
- Messaging: RabbitMQ / Kafka
- API: REST / GraphQL
- Testing: JUnit / Mockito / Selenium / Cypress