Become a digital, global citizen and enable the new generation of digital entrepreneurs around the world. AppDirect offers a subscription commerce platform to sell any product, through any channel, on any device – as a service. We power millions of subscriptions worldwide for organizations. We do this by our values-driven culture—one that enables you to Be Seen, Be Yourself, and Do Your Best Work.
We are looking to hire a skilled and ambitious Staff Cloud Database Administrator. We love entrepreneurial spirit and someone that has a data as a service mindset. You are also highly technical, with a strong drive to learn and a sense for efficiency through automation? Then this might be the opportunity for you!
What You’ll Do and How You’ll Make an Impact
- Lead & Influence database migrations, database blue/green deployments, data archiving & partitioning strategy
- Improved our Database security posture with least privileges principles, auditing capabilities and facilitate database access & governance
- Guide engineers in providing purpose-built database solutions(Relational,Key Value,Document) that fits requirements
- Accelerate operations & improve our observability/alerting capabilities by designing and implementing self-healing & automated solutions
- Research solutions to complex problems and drive proof-of-concepts
- Develop and maintain knowledge base through high-quality documentation
- Deliver quality solutions/process through CI/CD and automation
What You’ll Need
- 3+ years experience with both MySQL and MongoDB
- 2+ years experience with AWS
- Good understanding of Infrastructure as Code (Programmable Infrastructure), and how you can achieve that by using tools like TerraForm, AWS cdk, etc
- Hands-on knowledge of software containerization platforms like Docker and container orchestration tools like Kubernetes
- Experience in Scripting/automation tooling (bash/python or Ansible)
- Good knowledge and understanding of data structures and experience handling large data sets
At AppDirect, we believe that innovation thrives in an environment that houses diversity of excellence, experience and thought. We respect each AppDirector as their own fingerprint; unique with no one alike. We foster an environment of inclusion without regard to race, religion, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity enabling AppDirectors to embrace their uniqueness to do their best work. As such, we strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.