Senior Quantitative UX Researcher
This is Adyen
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face unique technical challenges at scale and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays. We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Now, Adyen serves the world's brightest companies like eBay, GoFundMe, Spotify, Uber, Booking, LinkedIn, Wise, Microsoft, Nike, McDonalds.
UX at Adyen
Payments is a rapidly changing industry, and Adyen’s UX organization is at the forefront of building the future of payments. We ensure that Adyen stays a leader and disruptor in the global payments industry by bringing the user (whether shopper or merchant) into the center of our product and business decision making. We approach projects as an opportunity to exceed our merchants’ expectations—designing the right experiences, at the right time, the right way. The UX organization consists of Product Design, UX Research, UX Writing and UX Analytics.
We’re seeking someone with quantitative UX research expertise to help our multidisciplinary product teams better understand the experience and needs of customers. In this role you will be conducting primarily quantitative research, working on an array of projects across global teams.
This is an opportunity to scale quantitative research practice at Adyen across all product pillars. You will be able to shape and build the quantitative research team and help Adyen to be more data-driven.
The Research Team
The Research Team is composed of 8 mixed method researchers (with specializations across the qual and quant spectrums), and a Research Operations Manager.
While the research team is centralized within the UX org, researchers partner extensively with teams across Adyen – with a wide range of disciplines including UX Writers, Designers, Product Managers, Marketers, Operations teams and beyond to identify deep insights and communicate them across the company. The team focuses on the highest business impact projects, and contributes new ideas to products and commercial decisions that impact payment experiences around the globe. You’ll be part of a team that’s hyper-impact focused, and part of a company with a track record of applying research insights to product, commercial and operational outcomes.
As the strategic research practice at Adyen is less than two years old, this is a unique opportunity to influence and shape what quantitative UX Research at Adyen will look like and help teams to become more data driven.
What you’ll do
- Understand the product teams’ objectives and design the quant studies accordingly
- Educate and partner with teams at Adyen about the importance of conducting quantitative research
- Generate insights that spark both ideation and evaluate experiences
- Integrate research insights into the product development process
- Independently and proactively scope out opportunities for data to be applied for improving the user experience
- Build and execute the vision of quantitative research at Adyen
Who you are
- Preferably more than 5 years of experience
- Naturally curious about how and why people behave and think the way they do
- A go-to survey design expert, experienced with response effects and biases
- Driven to provide stakeholders with actionable insights
- Experience analyzing with STATA, SPSS or equivalents (R, SQL and Python experience would be a plus)
- Comfortable applying statistical analysis methods such as regression analyses, ANOVA’s, and t-tests
- A clear, concise and persuasive communicator of research insights
- A natural collaborator and educator, eager to coach teams on applying quantitative UX methods