This is Adyen
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face unique technical challenges at scale and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays.
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Now, Adyen serves the world's brightest companies like Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Casper, Bonobos, and Spotify.
Senior Product Manager Developer Experience
We are seeking a Senior Product Manager who will build the vision, strategy and roadmap for our developer experience team. The goal of this team is to give external developers an optimal and enjoyable experience with Adyen with a focus on API’s. Our products are offered to a global diverse portfolio of merchants and powered by our internal build infrastructure. As we are onboarding an increasing amount of large businesses in the form of merchants, partners and platforms – that bring not only large volumes but also extensive setups – the focus on developer experience, tooling and API’s is a key part of helping our merchants grow.
This role needs a Senior Product Manager that can go from high level strategic thinking to more tactical product development. You need to be comfortable with developer tooling and API’s and have a track record of building and launching developer experience products. As a key guide on our Developer Experience team you'll work closely with Developer Advocates, Back- & Front-End Software Engineers, Technical Support, Implementation Managers, Data Analysts, Product teams etc.
What you’ll do:
- Develop the product strategy for an optimal experience with Adyen’s platform for Developers outside of Adyen
- Collaborate closely with your engineers, internal stakeholders and partners to identify opportunities, discover effective solutions and deliver them to the market.
- Create the vision and plan to combine various optimisations around the common goal
- Work closely with technical teams to bring product vision to reality by continuously prioritising the most important items that deliver value to developers
- Establish clear objectives, communicate frequently and clearly with other teams to ensure alignment across teams
- Craft hypothesis and test these ideas with experimentation frameworks to uncover new growth opportunities or drive conclusions
- Research and innovate in the developer tooling space
Who you are:
- Demonstrated experience conceiving, launching, and scaling developer experience based tools and products
- Experience working with a multidisciplinary team of Developer Advocates, Software Engineers, Frontend Developers, Technical
- Support, Product teams
- Problem solver that analytical and based on hypothesis, but also balances risks and benefits
- Manages a high degree of technical complexity and is comfortable going deep with Developers, Product Managers, Tech
- Commercial roles on performance and evaluation
- Has deep understanding of the landscape Developer Experience/ Tooling, API’s, API lifecycles for optimization, market trends and is obsessed with solving developer/ customer problems
- Able to build influence without authority using data metrics, and estimations to bring the team and company on making an impact
- Find your way around GitHub and code
- Hands-on experience in working with APIs, API lifecycle
- Fluent in conversational and written English on a professional level
- Able to live the Adyen formula
- 5-10 years of Product Management in the developer experience area with technical products or other relevant experience
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical goals are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them – voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does it sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 3 business days. Our interview process tends to take between 3 or 4 weeks to complete. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please, note that this role is a full-time position in Chicago or Amsterdam