This is Adyen
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face unique technical challenges at scale and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays. Now, Adyen serves the world's brightest companies like Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Camper, Glovo, and Spotify. Our engineers are reshaping the payments landscape. We’re looking for more talented problem solvers to help us address a unique set of challenges
For our growing team in Madrid, Spain, we are looking for an enthusiastic and hands-on salesperson who will see Adyen’s payment solutions to mid-sized companies, with a focus on e-commerce and unified commerce merchants. The ideal candidate is an outstanding networker who enjoys selling everyday and who thrives in a fast-paced, diverse and entrepreneurial environment.
What you’ll do
- Sell Adyen Payment Solutions to medium-sized companies that fit our sweet spot, and to fast growing scale-ups, generating new business in different verticals;
- Build a trustful relation with your merchants; lead meetings, close deals, carry out contractual and go live work;
- Create a network with local medium-sized companies, their key stakeholders, and key integrators;
- Work with individuals and teams across the organisation to ensure the best possible merchant experience and to develop with your colleagues professionally.
Who you are
- You are a passionate sales person with strong commercial drive and attitude, negotiating skill, and clear appetite for deals;
- You are a team player who enjoys working with a global team, across different offices, roles and cultures;
- You have the ability to execute, manage time-sensitive tasks in a fast-paced, highly entrepreneurial environment with limited supervision;
- You are business and technology savvy, ideally with a Degree or Masters in business, finance or a technical field;
- You have 3 to 5 years of experience in sales role successfully selling complex products or services. Preferably -but not a hard requirement- in payments or SaaS;
- You are fluent and convincing in Spanish and in English, both oral and written;
- Willing to travel up to 35% of the time.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them – voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does it sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 3 business days. Our interview process tends to take between 3 or 4 weeks to complete. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please, note that this role is a full-time position in Madrid. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of Spain.