This is Adyen
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face unique technical challenges at scale and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays.
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building an unique financial technology platform from scratch. Now, Adyen serves the world's brightest companies like Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Casper, Bonobos and Spotify.
What you’ll do
- Responsible for the full sales cycle: identify and approach prospective clients, build relationships and close deals;
- Sell Adyen Card Issuing Solutions to large, domestically and internationally operating businesses;
- Contribute to the ongoing evolution and execution of Adyen’s new card issuing and processing strategy, with a focus on the available product and services;
- Act as an industry expert, develop and maintain a broad understanding of the card issuing industry, the competitive landscape and the associated compliance and regulatory issues to make effective recommendations to clients. Identify new card issuing opportunities within the new and existing client base and additionally based on research and industry trends;
- Prioritize clients requirements so you can effectively position Adyen’s issuing and processing capabilities;
- Build a long-term trustful relation with your clients;
- Define the commercial structure of the identified card programs and then coordinate a successful launch with the client;
- Collaborate with underwriting / compliance, implementation, and account management teams to seal the deal.
Who you are
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience – including at least 3 years within the Card Issuing space is a must have;
- A solid track record of delivering successful card programs;
- A proven strong and creative deal closer that is result oriented;
- You have to ability to build a healthy pipeline, working on the right accounts to board on the platform;
- Strong working knowledge of the card / payments industry, products, and associated regulations;
- Ability to communicate effectively about the company’s technology and services to assist the merchant partners in developing the right program;
- Flexible, informal yet professional. Excellent and direct communicator;
- Team player;
- Willingness to travel.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them – voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does it sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 3 business days. Our interview process tends to take between 3 or 4 weeks to complete. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please, note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.