This is Adyen
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face unique technical challenges at scale and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays.
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Now, Adyen serves the world's brightest companies like Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Casper, Bonobos, and Spotify.
Product Specialist – Platform Risk
As a global financial technology platform, Adyen is revolutionizing the marketplaces- and platforms business model through offering solutions such as Adyen for Platforms. We’re creating the one-stop shop for Platforms and offering financial services such as Capital and Issuing beyond payments. To help our customers scale in a sustainable way, our team is heavily investing in building Adyen’s Score, powered by data science and machine learning, to help assess risks all different users pose to the platform orchestrator, platform participants, Adyen and the financial ecosystem. We're looking for a candidate to help improve scalable risk solutions for large-scale marketplaces and platforms using data.
What you’ll do
- Product: Be close to the product and its users – our merchants – , and develop deep domain knowledge while diving into the product’s data. You’ll be responsible for the discovery, building, delivery, and maintaining of features of our platform risk product;
- Risk domain: Work closely with data scientists and risk experts to help build features to create measurable value for our customers and adapt to the ever-changing fraud landscape;
- Implementation and delivery: Be able to create technical proposals ready for implementation to developers, and drive the progress tracking and product delivery;
- Commercial guidance: Help our customers and internal teams to gain an understanding of the features and usage of your team’s product. This includes providing training, preparing documentation, and launching dashboards;
Who you are
- You have 0-3 years of work experience and are academically trained;
- You like to come up with a systematic approach towards solving technical or financial issues;
- You have experience analyzing data (e.g. using SQL, Python, Matlab, R, Excel);
- You know how to navigate technical challenges and understand the opportunities and limitations of technical/data decisions;
- You have excellent organizational skills and know how to manage a project from conception to launch;
- You have strong communication skills and can work well with both technical and commercial teams;
- You are a quick learner and take a ‘launch fast and iterate’ approach to tackling problems;
- You take pride in putting your team first, you value teams over ego;
- Knowledge on fraud/risk management, platforms, payments, and/or KYC/underwriting is a plus.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them – voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does it sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 3 business days. Our interview process tends to take between 3 or 4 weeks to complete. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please, note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.