This is Adyen
Adyen is the financial technology platform of choice for leading companies. By providing end-to-end payments capabilities, data-driven insights, and financial products in a single global solution, Adyen helps businesses achieve their ambitions faster. With offices around the world, Adyen works with the likes of Facebook, Uber, H&M, eBay, and Microsoft. To maintain our momentum, we need people to join us in finding new ways of solving our unique challenges – people like you.
Product Manager, In-person Payments
In-person payments at Adyen include not only payments made in stores on traditional payment terminals. We also facilitate shopper experiences on small card readers or even on phones. Adyen’s In-person payments solution is growing exponentially, and so we’re looking for Product Managers to join the team. There are a variety of areas where we can use help, from testing and monitoring our firmware performance, to building API’s that merchants use to reach the terminals, or introducing new functionality on the payment terminals itself. We are looking for support on topics including but not limited to Release Management, Testing and Monitoring, Hardware Quality and Embedded Systems, as well as Supply Chain, EMV and APIs.
Depending on your skill set and interests there'll be a spot for you!
What you’ll do:
- Product Management: Work with engineers, design, data, operations, commercial teams, partners and merchants to improve our existing solution as well as working on industry revolutionising products and features.
- Prioritisation: Identify which projects are the most important for long term success.
- Technical Proposals: Scope a varying degree of projects, from small improvements and bug fixes to large changes in infrastructure and product.
- Project Tracking and Implementation: Drive proper project tracking and the continual implementation of needed tasks; ensure that there is a source of truth for the tasks at hand.
- Knowledge sharing: Enable the rest of the organisation to use all aspects of the Adyen product you are developing/managing to the maximum, by passing on your knowledge including technical (features), commercial (pricing) and competition.
Who you are:
- You are an extremely quick learner; you have outstanding analytical skills, and are not afraid to dive into complex, technical subjects.
- You don’t sit around and wait until things happen by themselves. Plans and conditions always change, but you still navigate through any weather with a positive attitude.
- You can communicate in English fluently, both written and verbally, and are not afraid to get out there to let your voice be heard.
- You are looking for autonomy; the desire to be self directed.
- You can work well with engineering, design, data, operations and commercial teams, and be comfortable speaking with merchants & partners.
- You have a demonstrated passion for tech, either in a previous role, in your education, or in some sort of pet project.
- You have 3+ years experience as a product manager in an innovative tech company.
- Previous experience with any of the following are a big plus: Reliability, Testing and Monitoring, EMV, payments, API’s, webapps, IoT, hardware, supply chain.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them – voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.