This is Adyen
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we're the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies. Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity, of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives, is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them – voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Payout Monitoring Engineer
We are looking for an experienced data expert who will scale our monitoring framework by both improving the monitoring tools and by putting them into practice in our daily operations. We believe that being the user of your own product will lead to the best results – therefore we are looking for someone with data skills who is able to make quick decisions.
As the world is moving into the instant space more and more, we are aiming to stabilize our payout products by building monitoring tools allowing for real time detection of potential issues. Using big data technologies to identify trends, patterns and anomalies without producing false positives will be the main challenge here. Examples of techniques used to do this are e.g. time series modeling, sequence modeling, … We are looking for someone that wants to play a central role in building these kinds of tools while having a fun time working together with the team.
What you’ll do
- Build out our (in house developed) monitor tools;
- Take part in our duty framework and act upon alerts (during AMS business hours);
- Come up with new ideas, scope projects and lead them together with development and data scientists;
- Identify inefficiencies, and potential risks in our payout process and solve them proactively.
Who you are
- 3-5 years of work experience;
- Comfortable running a project on your own, experience in closely working together with tech teams: Data scientists, development, business analysts, infrastructure;
- Hands-on mentality, strong interpersonal skills as you will work together with IT-development team to solve (operational) issues under time pressure;
- Comfortable making quick decisions;
- Exposure to time series / sequence modeling techniques;
- Experience with PagerDuty or big data tooling i.e. Pyspark / Hadoop / Airflow is a plus.
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile and in-store channels. It is the only provider of a modern end-to-end infrastructure, connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers' globally preferred payment methods. With offices around the world, Adyen serves nine of the 10 largest U.S. internet companies and many worldwide retailers. Customers include Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Casper, Bonobos, and Spotify.
Ready to meet us?
If this role looks like your next step, apply by clicking the below link. We can’t wait to meet you!