This is Adyen
Adyen is the financial technology platform of choice for leading companies. By providing end-to-end payments capabilities, data-driven insights, and financial products in a single global solution, Adyen helps businesses achieve their ambitions faster. With offices around the world, Adyen works with the likes of Facebook, Uber, H&M, eBay, and Microsoft. To maintain our momentum, we need people to join us in finding new ways of solving our unique challenges – people like you.
Group Product Manager – Open Banking
Adyen is looking for a passionate Group Product Manager to massively scale our Open Banking proposition across our fast growing Platforms and Financial Services Product Suite. Our Open Banking offering will be offered to the largest platform merchants and is powered by our global banking infrastructure. This banking infrastructure is completely built in-house and leverages our own banking licenses in the US and Europe. Our merchants are the fastest growing platforms in the world, and we need to stay ahead of their ever evolving risk assessment and banking needs. This role will be given considerable freedom to develop Adyen’s Open Banking Platform, working with our Principal Product Manager on Product Strategy and focussing on execution. You will expand our Open Banking Product footprint by starting with a single team and expanding to multiple teams of product managers, designers, data scientists, and engineers, and ensure Adyen customers gain measurable benefit from your teams’ efforts. In this role you will:
Listen to our merchants, engineers, and partners to find problems that Adyen is uniquely positioned to solve
Oversee a portfolio of Product Development resources across and intersect with multiple technical and commercial teams.
Be responsible for executing against Adyen’s Open banking strategic goals while contributing to the strategy
Work with engineers to build the best Open Banking offering (Payments Types, Underwriting, Fee Collection, Embedded Financial Services, Payouts etc)
Who you are:
- Product Management – You have 8 years in Product Management for software companies, ideally within the Payments or Financial
- Technology space and have ideally managed a small team before
- Experience – you ideally have 4+ years of experience in the Open Banking domain, directly managed teams and / or you also have experience in Payments.
- Innovation – You can navigate emerging technology and open source standards and public policy
- Market Informed – You are familiar with Open Banking and have a point of view on how the next generation of banking is evolving
- Mindset – You have an entrepreneurial mindset and are able to form a vision and work with the engineering teams to implement that
- Commercial mindset – You have experience in hyper competitive markets and understand how to compete within that space, you also understand pricing models and have experience with developing simplified, pricing models
- Integrity – you have earned the trust of your technical and non-technical customers and colleagues, from the board level to support level
- Proven record – you have have launched and scaled products in the software space with quantifiable value
- Data-informed – you can guide analysts with the right questions to answer, and turn those answers into business value
- Business acumen – you have identified novel and significant revenue opportunities, and have convinced senior executives to invest in your product strategy
- Adaptability and creativity – plans and conditions always change, but you still positively navigate the right course
- Poise – sales asks you to sit with their customers, and marketing asks you to present at conferences.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them – voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please note that this role is a full-time position in Madrid. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.