This is Adyen
Adyen is the financial technology platform of choice for leading companies. By providing end-to-end payments capabilities, data-driven insights, and financial products in a single global solution, Adyen helps businesses achieve their ambitions faster. With offices around the world, Adyen works with the likes of Facebook, Uber, H&M, eBay, and Microsoft. To maintain our momentum, we need people to join us in finding new ways of solving our unique challenges – people like you.
Group Product Manager, In-person Payments
Adyen is looking for a passionate Group Product Manager to further scale our In-person Payments Platform globally.
In-person payments happen in store on payment terminals. Adyen’s In-person payments solution is growing very fast, and therefore, we’re looking for a Group Product Manager to join the product team. In this role, you’ll be helping to shape the future of in-store payments and shopper experiences, to provide consumers the most seamless experience while shopping in-store. You will be expanding and building out our team of product managers, designers, data scientists and engineers to sustain our growth in this exciting field. There are a variety of areas where we can use help, from streamlining our supply chain for payment terminals, to building API’s that merchants use to connect to terminals, or introducing new functionality on the payment terminals itself.
What you'll do:
- Listen to merchants, engineers, and industry partners to find problems that Adyen is uniquely positioned to solve
- Become a known thought leader for In-person Payment experiences, with in-depth experience of terminals, supply chain, remotely managing and controlling terminals, payment api’s and much more
- Define the long term strategic vision for In-person Payment experiences based on merchant feedback and industry developments
- Work with engineers to build the best products to help merchants and Adyen scale in the fastest and best way
- Leading, coaching and growing a team of product managers.
Who you are:
- Experience – you have 10+ years of experience in the product scalability domain, directly managed teams and you also have experience in scaling a product organisation
- Knowledge – You understand how to work with: API’s, IT architecture, Front-end and Back-end Experience, UX, Compliance, Legal, Operations
- Mindset – You have an entrepreneurial mindset and are able to form a vision and work with the product and engineering teams to bring this vision to life
- Commercial mindset – You have experience in hyper competitive markets and know how to compete within that space, you also understand pricing models and have experience with developing simplified pricing models
- Integrity – you have earned the trust of your technical and non-technical customers and colleagues, from the board level to support level
- Proven record – you have have launched and scaled products with quantifiable value
- Market-informed – You are familiar with the latest trends in the product scaling space, and developments in the domain of online payments from cards to open banking.
- Data-informed – you can guide analysts with the right questions to answer, and turn those answers into business value
- Business acumen – you have identified novel and significant revenue opportunities, and have convinced senior executives to invest in your product strategy
- Adaptability and creativity – plans and conditions always change, but you still positively navigate the right course
- Poise – sales asks you to sit with their customers, and marketing asks you to present at conferences.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them – voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.