This is Adyen
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face unique technical challenges at scale and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays. We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Now, Adyen serves the world's brightest companies like Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Casper, Bonobos, and Spotify.
Financial Risk Analyst
We're looking for a Financial Risk Analyst based in Amsterdam. This person will help us scale and innovate Adyen's financial risk management process. You’ll be working closely with Commercial, Technical and Compliance teams to evaluate and manage financial risk stemming from a portfolio of enterprise merchants and new products. Our ideal candidate has a proven track record of solving problems, is a great communicator that has an affinity for technology and has a passion for finance.
What you’ll do
- Work closely together with our very diverse merchant portfolio, to assess their business model and financial situation. Based on your assessment, make a tailored credit risk recommendation in which you balance risk and return, to the Merchant Risk Committee.
- Drive continuous improvement of our risk management framework, including policies, tools and processes, to improve the way we manage risk, increase our efficiency and to help scale our business.
- Define and design the requirements to our daily risk calculation, and support our top developers to implement these changes;
- Lead projects from beginning to end, and help us to find optimal solutions that benefit our merchants and improve our risk management practices;
- Provide credit risk expertise to product and legal teams to ensure credit risk is properly considered in new commercial product development;
- Clearly explain Adyen’s view on credit risk to merchants, commercial teams, and the regulator.
Who you are
- 3 to 5 years working in a financial risk environment, and a keen interest in business and financial markets;
- Excellent communicator, able to share ideas and collaborate with our merchants, team members and other colleagues across cultures and time zones;
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset with strong problem solving skills;
- Ability to lead projects in a fast-paced, unstructured environment, by working closely together with different teams and setting clear goals and deadlines;
- Strong data and analytic skills, which you capitalize to improve our risk management framework. Experience in e.g. SQL, Python, R is a strong plus; and,
- University degree in economics, statistics, finance or another quantitative field.
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for many of the world’s leading companies, providing a modern end-to-end infrastructure connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers' globally preferred payment methods. Adyen delivers frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. With offices across the world, Adyen serves customers including Spotify, Birchbox, BlaBlacar, LeCab, Comptoir des Cotonniers, Etam, Vestiaire, Facebook, Uber, and L'Oreal
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical opportunities are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them – voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does it sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 3 business days. Our interview process tends to take between 3 or 4 weeks to complete. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please, note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.